1841 census

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1841 census

I am looking for the parents of Elizabeth Rose she was born in Exton Rutland in 1838, so hoping someone could see if they can find her with her parents/siblings on 1841

I 'think' her parents are William and Julia Rose

In 1851 she is 13yrs old and in Exton Rutland with her maternal grandparents

Thank you
    Foxyloxy
    Foxyloxy

http://search.ancestry.co.uk/cgi-bin...d%26uidh%3d6gd

Is this her?
    Lennon. Phillips. Thomas. Peacock. Tubridy. Burton.

I am the girl from that town & I'm darn proud of it.

Comment

Originally posted by foxyloxy View Post
      I am looking for the parents of Elizabeth Rose she was born in Exton Rutland in 1838, so hoping someone could see if they can find her with her parents/siblings on 1841

I 'think' her parents are William and Julia Rose

In 1851 she is 13yrs old and in Exton Rutland with her maternal grandparents

Thank you
      Foxyloxy
      Hello Foxy,

welcome to the forum!.. if you subscribe to Ancestry and you click on Sarah's link on post 2 you will see Elizabeth Rose and Parents living with the ROYCE family. Are these the Maternal Grandparents?
      Julie
      They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

I do not know as I do not have ancestry:(
        Foxyloxy

Comment

Shall I take a screenshot and send it in a private message? I still have it open here.

Comment

I do not know as I do not have ancestry:(
            1841:

William Royce 65
            Elizabeth Royce 65
            Edward Ewen 25
            William Rose 25
            Julia Rose 20
            Elizabeth Rose 3
            Ann Rose 9 Mo

do any of these names ring bells???
            Julie

Comment

Originally posted by lennon2011 View Post
              Shall I take a screenshot and send it in a private message? I still have it open here.
              that won't work I don't think Sarah.. not sure you can send images in PM's
              Julie

Comment

Oh but you can, if you upload the images to Photobucket then you can do it that way, it's how i've been doing mine :D

Comment

also in 1841: she is living in Exton Parish, in later census did she become a DALBY?
                  Julie

Comment

Yes they are the ones thankyou
                    Foxyloxy

Comment

Yes she married John Dalby
                      Foxyloxy

Comment

I have sent the image across so that you can use it as a reference.

Comment

looks like Sarah has it all wrapped up then Foxy... :smilee:

if you need any help going further back, then www.familysearch.org is a good place to start, as this is usually pre census [though they now do have census results on there, and are always adding more information, so, worthwhile keeping a note of the web address]
                          Julie

Comment

Thank you both I am really slow on here as not sure how to navigate this website as yet, but I am a fast learner
                            and I got the screen shot thank you very much
                            Foxyloxy

Comment

Your welcome, it was only a year ago that I was the same as you.

Comment

Thank you both I am really slow on here as not sure how to navigate this website as yet, but I am a fast learner
                                and I got the screen shot thank you very much
                                hopefully, you will get used to this setup real soon, I just tend to navigate from the main forum list and see which way I want to go..

once I am on there, I generally choose either 'Family History Research' [which brings you here] or 'General Discussion' which is where people chill out.

there is also this link which hopefully gives you some idea of what is where;

ultimately, if you get stuck, shout up.. someone will come and help
                                Julie

Comment

The funny thing was I couldn't work out how to post a message and went around and around the website trying to find out, then it dawned on me I had to click into the forum first...slow or what........
                                  Foxyloxy

Comment

The funny thing was I couldn't work out how to post a message and went around and around the website trying to find out, then it dawned on me I had to click into the forum first...slow or what........
                                    maybe!.. but you got there hun!! :smilee:
                                    Julie

Comment

Not sure if I need to start a new thread or continue this one Maybe someone can advise for future postings.

Note to admin: I must say I love the email sent giving the post details, really nice touch so information/advice/details are not lost.

After some more research on the same family and help from lennon2011 'found' Elizabeth Rose's parents who are William Rose and Julia Royce in the 1841, William died in 1863 and I can find Julia after this 1871, 1881, 1891 and she dies in Exton in feb 1901. I can't find William in 1851 and 1861 and need one of these to find out where he was born.
                                      There are likely Rose's in the village baptising their children but I only have up to 1812 baptisms and I think he was born after this date
                                      Julia Rose
                                      1851 https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/SGBK-52L
                                      1861 https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/M7YL-HBX
                                      Foxyloxy

Comment

Not sure if I need to start a new thread or continue this one Maybe someone can advise for future postings.

Note to admin: I must say I love the email sent giving the post details, really nice touch so information/advice/details are not lost.

After some more research on the same family and help from lennon2011 'found' Elizabeth Rose's parents who are William Rose and Julia Royce in the 1841, William died in 1863 and I can find Julia after this 1871, 1881, 1891 and she dies in Exton in feb 1901. I can't find William in 1851 and 1861 and need one of these to find out where he was born.
                                        There are likely Rose's in the village baptising their children but I only have up to 1812 baptisms and I think he was born after this date
                                        Julia Rose
                                        1851 https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/SGBK-52L
                                        1861 https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/M7YL-HBX
                                        hi Foxy....

so, to clarify, you are looking for William Rose, Elizabeths father? [sorry to seem so thick...lol]

and it's ok to use this thread, as it's the same family, if it's a different one then you can start a new thread... sometimes people start new threads for each person, but then 'link back' to threads with the same family, so members can see what has/hasn't been found. [saves people looking for info you already have!]

if it is a specific query, then sometimes that is best on it's own. you can start another thread, using 'following on from' [in the title]...etc.. then link back, copying and pasting a thread that you might feel is relevant.

just go with the flow, if you find that you want two specific threads making into one [merging] then you can ask any moderator to do this for you via PM. [or ask on the thread and we can do that.]

hope I haven't confused you too much :smilee:
                                        Julie

Comment

Working...
                                        X