David Williams... where are you [USA census needed]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• David Williams... where are you [USA census needed]

I was having a look and creating a new tree, and I cannot for the life of me find David Williams b. 1869/1870 Connecticut s/o William Williams & Hannah/Anna LYDALL.

I have him from 1870-1880-1900-1910-1920-1930 [the latter two with wife MAY] there is another David Williams b. 1869 Connecticut and he keeps popping up, but he isn't mine!..

'my' David also goes by the name/s of David H Williams and David W Williams. [just to confuse the issue!!]

I think I have found his death:

Name: David Williams
    Death Date: 10 Jun 1950
    Death Place: Bristol, Hartford, Connecticut
    Birth Date: abt 1869
    Marital Status: Married
    State File #: 08323
    Residence : Meriden, New Haven, Connecticut
    Race: White

but I can't find him on 1940 cens to say whether it is or not.

his occupation was 'needlemaker'

this is the link to my tree, where I am adding the census information:

can anyone else spot him please.. it's driving me nuts!!
    Julie
    They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

yep, they are around the same time as 'my David' he's the one that keeps popping up...lol
    Julie

Comment

.. so the death you have found could be for the other David?
      Elaine

Comment

I was looking at your tree on ancestry using the link you gave and you have the 1900 census http://search.ancestry.co.uk/iexec?h...id&pid=7219386 which shows this one as born in England.

The 1870 census you have for him http://search.ancestry.co.uk/iexec?h...id&pid=1005011 shows him as 4 months old with the previous son age 4 being born in England.

Margaret

Comment

Originally posted by Elaine ..Spain View Post
          .. so the death you have found could be for the other David?
          mmm it could, yes.

I think that I have found another David from Meriden also... poo.... back to the drawing board!!
          Julie

Comment

Originally posted by margaretmarch View Post
            I was looking at your tree on ancestry using the link you gave and you have the 1900 census http://search.ancestry.co.uk/iexec?h...id&pid=7219386 which shows this one as born in England.

The 1870 census you have for him http://search.ancestry.co.uk/iexec?h...id&pid=1005011 shows him as 4 months old with the previous son age 4 being born in England.

Margaret
            I know Margaret, some census give him as being born 1869 and one 1870.. I think also that the family did a little travelling to England, though I can't find a birth in England for him!
            Julie

Comment

David and May F in 1936 City Directory

http://search.ancestry.co.uk/Browse/...586&sid=&gskw=

http://search.ancestry.co.uk/Browse/...640&sid=&gskw=

Ok - according to this directory, they are living at 304 Park. When you look at the 1940 census for 304 Park, that is David and Frane. I notice she is May F though - could the F stand for Frane? (? Frances)
              Linda

My avatar is my Grandmother Carolina Meulenhoff 1896 - 1955

Comment

They are also on two other city Directories, 1933 and 1934, with the same info - but that does tie in with the answer on the 1940 census as to where they were living in 1935.
                Linda

Comment

Originally posted by ozgirl View Post
                  David and May F in 1936 City Directory

http://search.ancestry.co.uk/Browse/...586&sid=&gskw=

http://search.ancestry.co.uk/Browse/...640&sid=&gskw=

Ok - according to this directory, they are living at 304 Park. When you look at the 1940 census for 304 Park, that is David and Frane. I notice she is May F though - could the F stand for Frane? (? Frances)
                  it very well could do Linda!.. I feel such a plod!!

I wonder if it might be Franny...like you say Frances..duh!

I was going to look at the directories, but couldn't figure out where/how to get to them! [they usually come up in the search results]..

I wonder if anyone can find his mother... Hannah/Anna [Lydall] Williams at all, I lose her too after 1910

sorry I didn't reply sooner, have been on the telephone..
                  Julie

Comment

In 1944 Directory, notification of death of Mrs F May Williams on 22/7/1944, age 73

David seems to have moved to 237 Whiting.

The 1950 Directory ends at 'S' unfortunately. David is not in the 1951.
                    Last edited by ozgirl; 22-05-13, 12:20.
                    Linda

Comment

In 1944 Directory, notification of death of Mrs F May Williams on 22/7/1944, age 73

David seems to have moved to 237 Whiting.

The 1950 Directory ends at 'S' unfortunately. David is not in the 1951.
                      oooh you found a damned site more than me!, I can't find squat!! :smilee:
                      Julie

Comment

No sign of Anna or Hannah Williams in 1909 or 1910, but William Williams Jr is in. David W is also there as employee of Needle Factory.

David seems to be alone until 1924, when May is first mentioned. At that time he is a foreman at 23 John Street, so certainly seems to be tying in with that 1940 census you found.
                        Linda

Comment

No sign of Anna or Hannah Williams in 1909 or 1910, but William Williams Jr is in. David W is also there as employee of Needle Factory.

David seems to be alone until 1924, when May is first mentioned. At that time he is a foreman at 23 John Street, so certainly seems to be tying in with that 1940 census you found.
                          thanks Linda, It does look like the 1940 census is 'my' david afterall, doesn't it? as another little mystery is completed another one opens!!!
                          Julie

Comment

I can't even find William Williams Jr in the census after 1880!.. there is one, but he is in Plainsville, Hartford in 1900, but i'm not convinced that this is Wm Jr!
                            Julie

Comment

I tell fibs!.. I have found william jr and wife Celia & daughter in 1900-1910 now... *it is one of those days!!*
                              Julie

Comment

Looking through the directories I have also found a few Lydalls - I assume you have these:

Charles Lydall
                                Charles A Lydall
                                William Lydall
                                Harriet Lydall.
                                Linda

Comment

Couple more bits of info

Charles A Lydall went to Boston Mass in 1913.
                                  Harriet Lydall went to Montclair NJ in1915
                                  Charles Lydall no longer appears from 1914 onwards.

Also in 1915 there is an entry "Williams William H Mrs to New Haven Conn." Could this be Hannah going to New Haven. No William Williams in 1916, only Jr., and David is now the householder for his parents house.
                                  Linda

Comment

Couple more bits of info

Charles A Lydall went to Boston Mass in 1913.
                                    Harriet Lydall went to Montclair NJ in1915
                                    Charles Lydall no longer appears from 1914 onwards.

Also in 1915 there is an entry "Williams William H Mrs to New Haven Conn." Could this be Hannah going to New Haven. No William Williams in 1916, only Jr., and David is now the householder for his parents house.
                                    cool ta Linda, I do have 'some' bits of info on the Lydalls, which is why I am creating a tree, so I can see what I have, where [if that makes sense!!]

I think, from my research I have William Williams Sr's death as 1917 [but I don't know where I got that info from!!]

not ignoring anyone, have go and do the school run. be back in a bit :smilee:
                                    Julie

Comment

also rebecca may williams d/o william & Celia, married a Pappenforth.. lots of hits for him, but nothing for them together!!.. she married a Paul G.. there is also a Paul A married to a Theresa I think it is, but they [both Pauls worked for Corbins.. and it looks like they lived in the same house!, just not with Rebec!!]

now, I am going....lol...
                                      Julie

Comment

Working...
                                      X