Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marriage Pye & Higgins/Huggins

Sorry I am back so quickly.

Please can anyone find a marriage for a George Arthur Pye (Yes it is him ;D) and an Anna Marie Higgins/Huggins in 1881.

There are newspaper and court reports reporting this bigamous marriage.

Bride reported to be 53 at the time and probably occurred in London area.

I checked via the advanced search and believe it should still be recorded, but so far I cannot find it.

Thank you
    Bubblebelle x

FAMILY INTERESTS: Pitts of Sherborne Gloucs. Deaney (Bucks). Pye of Kent. Randolph of Lydd, Kent. Youell of Norfolk and Suffolk. Howe of Lampton. Carden of Bucks.

Just parking this one here before I lose it - in case she married before, they married outside London and and George only use George.
    Just ignore me - the only similarity is the Ann Maria is similar!!

Dec 1881 - George Pye to (possible) Ann Maria Pratt - Kings Norton 6c 791.
    Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

Could be, he does have a reputation for marrying away from where he is. I will put it on a list of things to check out if nothing else emerges.

He married in the January and then married again weeks later, so I would think more likely to be a Jun registration.

Thank you as always Chrissie
      Bubblebelle x

FAMILY INTERESTS: Pitts of Sherborne Gloucs. Deaney (Bucks). Pye of Kent. Randolph of Lydd, Kent. Youell of Norfolk and Suffolk. Howe of Lampton. Carden of Bucks.

Comment

Oh, I was just going to post this in case he changed his surname but it's Jan-March Islington - Ann Maria Huggins to a possible George Arthur Anderson.

p.s. You never need to apologise by the way for asking a research question on Research It would be awfully boring on here if nobody did
        Last edited by Chrissie Smiff; 21-05-13, 11:18.

Comment

That too would be par for the course Chrissie, that looks a little more likely. Fingers crossed it will be in the London marriage and banns... off to look now.

Thanks for the reassurance too.
          Bubblebelle x

Comment

I wonder if this is her in 1881? -
            http://interactive.ancestry.co.uk/75...l=ReturnRecord

Comment

Oooo naughty man. Thats him!!!!!!!

Thank you.... it would have taken me forever to find that.

x
              Bubblebelle x

Comment

Ooo Thanks too Moggie.

Can I be really cheeky and ask if you would be willing to send that newspaper report. If so I will send my email.... thank you very much too.
                Bubblebelle x

Comment

Is his father being a doctor a figment of his imagination too Bubblebell? (From the marriage cert which I assume you have found)?

http://interactive.ancestry.co.uk/16...l=ReturnRecord

Comment

I can send it direct by email if you let me know your address.
                    Moggie

Comment

No Chrissie thats all real just the surname change (the 3rd) no wonder I could never find him..... all those hours we spent searching. Now I'm not sure who I am either ;D

Thank you Moggie thats kind. PM on it's way
                      Bubblebelle x

Comment

Yes it's a funny feeling isn't it. Hubby was quite shocked for a while when I told him that he isn't really a Smith He says that he has become too fond of being Smiffy to change now

Comment

Hi
                          I've tried sending the article again, let's hope it works this time.
                          Moggie

Comment

Thank you both for all your help on this... wonder what the next instalment will be?
                            Bubblebelle x

Comment

By the way I am descended from wife no 4.... at the moment, where he used assumed name, number 2, so what is my real surname?
                              Bubblebelle x

Comment

Whatever he was born as I imagine :D You won't change it from Bubblebell though will you - I like that

Comment

;D OK Bubblebelle it is
                                  Bubblebelle x

Comment

Originally posted by bubblebelle View Post
                                    By the way I am descended from wife no 4.... at the moment, where he used assumed name, number 2, so what is my real surname?
                                    Your real surname is whatever your father had for a surname regardless of the changes. It will just make a very difficult family tree to follow as your ancestors will have a completely different surname!!

Margaret

Comment

Working...
                                    X