Ancestry-transcription errors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ancestry-transcription errors

Help needed please -I've found the parish records of my grandmothers double wedding with her sisters on Ancestry ,but the names have both been wrongly transcribed -the handwriting is a little 'flowery' but there dosn't appear to be anywhere to correct the transcription - 'adding 'this record to my tree just creates a fictitious person -- anyone else had the same problem and how can it be solved?

Originally posted by failsworthexile View Post
    Help needed please -I've found the parish records of my grandmothers double wedding with her sisters on Ancestry ,but the names have both been wrongly transcribed -the handwriting is a little 'flowery' but there dosn't appear to be anywhere to correct the transcription - 'adding 'this record to my tree just creates a fictitious person -- anyone else had the same problem and how can it be solved?
    There is usually a panel at the left side of the transcript page allowing 'add alternative information' which is where you go to give the right details.

As regards adding to your tree all you do when you have clicked 'save to a person in my tree' is say it is 'not a new person' and then select who it is.

Margaret

Comment

You can add a note to the transcription to give alternative information, they will not make a correction but will add your given details so others can see it. I have not used Ancestry for some time but someone will explain how to do it......Edna

Comment

Working...
      X