Mystery Solved..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mystery Solved..

Remember my last signature about Granddad mentioning make belief names to me?

It turns out that it wasn't make belief after all. His Brother has just visited and mentioned that there was a Ginny/Jean after all.

Now I just need to find her.

The bad news is that I don't have her birth details, the good news is that I can narrow it down with the name of her Husband who was born in Portrack.

Plus I have a picture of Cecilia Lennon here, all this time I thought it was my Aunt :P

Edit: I've searched Ancestry for a Jones/Lennon marriage based in Portrack and I found this:
    http://search.ancestry.co.uk/cgi-bin...26mssns0_x%3d1
    Last edited by lennon2011; 17-05-13, 16:42.
    Lennon. Phillips. Thomas. Peacock. Tubridy. Burton.

I am the girl from that town & I'm darn proud of it.

There's also 6 children that I can find with the Jones Surname, Mother as a Lennon and the Stockton area between 1951-1961. Great Uncle (calling him * for now) * did say that there was a lot of children that matched the genders of him and his siblings, 3 boys & 4 girls.

I haven't found 3 boys though, I've only found 2 but there is a tree that shows 7 children on Mundia (I'm not taking that as gospel though) however Dad was born in 1962 in Oldham when the as of then extremely small family consisting of Nanna, Granddad, Aunt & Dad were visiting Cecilia, that's what Dad thought but * said today that Nanna & Dad actually lived with this Aunt Jane/Ginny for a while so maybe there's one born in the same place?

Doing a search of the above with Oldham brings out 3 births, 2 females and one male, 1965, 1971 & 1974. I'm thinking it's either 6 children or the 1965 female birth. Thoughts anyone?
    Last edited by lennon2011; 17-05-13, 22:29.
    Lennon. Phillips. Thomas. Peacock. Tubridy. Burton.

I am the girl from that town & I'm darn proud of it.

Comment

Lennon

If you are going to reference your signature in relation to your research can I suggest that you list your research interests in it ie: a list of names or surnames.

Expecting members to remember what you had in your signature previously is a little inconsiderate, especially given the frequency that you seem to change it.

Folk can only help if they are given useful and consistent evidence...
      https://squeakerslair.wordpress.com

Comment

Perhaps you haven't noticed that when you change your sig. it changes in all your old posts as well.
        Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

Are you sure that you aren't getting mixed up with the Vickers name that we are looking at on your other thread Sarah?
          Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

Working...
          X