Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bona Vacantia

just seen this
    The Bona Vacantia Division advertises the estates of deceased persons for kin to identify their own entitlement.

There are two documents available in this dataset, one containing the most recent estates to be advertised from 2013 onwards and the other a historic list of unclaimed estates from 1997 to 2012.

Please be aware that updates to these documents may take an hour to become live and accessible for download.

Further information can be found on the Bona Vacantia website at http://www.bonavacantia.gov.uk

From May 2013, the Historic List of Unclaimed Estates (1997-2012) will include any genealogical information held on our electronic case records. This will generally include the deceased’s marital status, maiden name, and date & place of birth. The list will now be available in CSV format only.

From June/July 2013, we will be updating our electronic records with any genealogical information held on archived paper records, and will be updating the most recent Estates on the list first.

Please note: The list cannot be guaranteed to be complete and correct and no warranties are given or implied to that effect; the Treasury Solicitor does not accept any responsibility for any loss whatsoever which might result from reliance thereon.

this is the link

not tried it myself yet and dont know what CSV format is but if any one works out how to do it please let me know. thankyou
    Angelina

CSV is comma separated values and is just a spreadsheet so if you download the list it will open in whatever program you have set to open such files.
    Margaret

Comment

If we find any millions we'll share it and go to Rome, Ireland, Scotland, LA, Italy and my home town
      Lennon. Phillips. Thomas. Peacock. Tubridy. Burton.

I am the girl from that town & I'm darn proud of it.

Comment

Originally posted by lennon2011 View Post
        If we find any millions we'll share it and go to Rome, Ireland, Scotland, LA, Italy and my home town
        You have to find the legitimate beneficiaries first, get them to sign up for you to do the probate and give you a percentage - not easy!
        Margaret

Comment

Margaret: I put up the link so that it might help others find their lost relatives as it seems to span the gap between ancestry's cut off date of 2005/6 for deaths and now. I know they have to have died intestate but the lists may throw some light on missing people.
          Thankyou for explaining what CSV means.
          Angelina

Comment

Originally posted by angelina View Post
            Margaret: I put up the link so that it might help others find their lost relatives as it seems to span the gap between ancestry's cut off date of 2005/6 for deaths and now. I know they have to have died intestate but the lists may throw some light on missing people.
            Thankyou for explaining what CSV means.
            Good bit of lateral thinking!

Margaret

Comment

Sorry to be pedantic but CSV is not a spread sheet. It is a way of storing and transferring data. Each piece of data (value) is separated by a comma, hence the name. Yes it can easily be imported to a spreadsheet. It can also be imported to a database.

Hugo

Comment

Working...
              X