More changes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More changes?

It's either me or Ancestry has done some more changes to how you conduct a search in the BDM index, really don't like it.

What do you guys think?
    Lennon. Phillips. Thomas. Peacock. Tubridy. Burton.

I am the girl from that town & I'm darn proud of it.

I'm not seeing anything different Sarah. Seems to be the same as it's always been!
    Elaine

Comment

Shall send you a PM with a print screen, mind you I did have another internet update last night..

Comment

I've also done another printscreen with just myself on it, we all know my name and mums maiden name so I thought that would be safest to show everyone, however I'll wait for permission before attaching it.

Comment

Got the screenshot Lennon.
          The difference between what you see and what I see is because I use the "old search method" and you use the "new search method".
          Also from your screenshot you are searching across "Birth, Marriage & Death, including Parish Records" - I prefer to use just the BMD index without parish records included.

It's just what you are used to!

(PS Don't use a screenshot if it includes living people, even if we do know the names already!)
          Elaine

Comment

Which is why I didn't add the screenshot for safety reasons. It will just take some getting used to, it does make copying the names over easier.

Oh well.

Comment

Thank you Elaine.... Ancestry informed me that they were changing to the New Search method for everyone... and mine went to the New Search.... I thought that they had dispensed with the old search and I have struggled for weeks.. already decided to not join again.... but here you say you are still with the old search... now found it.. thanks again
              Last edited by colin taylor; 21-05-13, 09:23.

Comment

That's odd, I'm logged into Ancestry but I can no longer really see the birth years in old or new search and clicking on the actual birth takes me to the free trial page etc.

I'm getting this up:
                NAME: ******** ******
                MOTHER: ********
                BIRTH: date - city, Yorkshire North Riding
                Is anyone else having this trouble? It's the same on both Internet Explorer and Chrome.
                I've even signed in and out with no change.

Comment

Have you checked on your ACCOUNT details to see whether your subscription is still being recorded as current?
                  Elaine

Comment

Hmm I'm registered as Guest, but even when I don't currently have any credits I can view the birth years, I just can't add them to the tree itself and I did have some credits the day before yesterday.

Comment

What set of records are you looking at Sarah?
                      Elaine

Comment

I'm trying to find a birth between 1970-1980, I know the first name but I have no idea of the Surname as the mother (Kathleen Vickers from my previous thread) had 3 children and I know that 2 of them are definitely under different Surnames, 2 are with Kathleen in Durham Road Cemetery and the other one is the one I'm trying to find.

Child 1-1970-1980 (M ) Female.
                        Karl Andrew Bowes- 01/12/1971- 27th Oct 2002 (Stockton) (I found under Vickers Maiden Name)
                        Kelly Louise McKie-03/08/1983 – 27th Oct 2002 (Stockton) (I found under Vickers Maiden Name)

I have tried Stockton Roots with no luck.
                        Last edited by lennon2011; 21-05-13, 15:10. Reason: forgot something

Comment

The BMD index on Ancestry is made up of two parts - one for BMDs covering 1837-1915 (known as freeBMD) and the second part from 1916 onwards.

I might be wrong, but I thought that only the freeBMD was free to view, and that the 1916 onwards data was only available on subscription, which might explain why the results are not showing up for you.

Elaine

Comment

PM on it's way..

Comment

Working...
                            X