Hannah Black c1909 Londonderry, N. Ireland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hannah Black c1909 Londonderry, N. Ireland

Other than her baptism record showing parents Richard & Isabella, I cant find either of her two marriages. Her first was to a man named McAleney (or derivative, first name not known) and the second was a Patrick Bonner.
    I realise that a lot of records went up in flames in the 1920s but searching through Roots Ireland, Ancestry have produced nothing..............................can anyone please help?

Hi Alan

Any approximate dates or places of marriage? Any details on her death?

D

Comment

Good morning D. I'm helping someone with their Tree so detail is vague. At a guess the first marriage would be c1928/9 since first child born 1929 to Protestant family in Belfast. The youngest child born 1943 so second marriage would be after this date. The lady dies in Cheshire c 1987.

Comment

Here's a possibility

Mary E McElhinny marries Patrick J Bonner Q1 1950 Oxford.

As yet no correpsonding marriage of Black to McElhinney.

I think the crux of this will be a correct spelling of the surname of the first husband

D

Comment

I saw that Oxford marriage; thought about it, then saw no reason why the lady changed her first names and felt it an unusual coincidence. The surname seems to have so many variations. There are living relations but because of family disputes, I cant approach them and as far as I'm aware the first marriage is not known to them. Strangely, I cant find any birth registrations for her first 3 children still alive and well.
          Thanks for your help.

Comment

Would I be right with these paents
            Richard Black and Isabella aka Bella Mc Dowell
            lived at the time of Hannah,s birth 20 Artisan St, Londonderry, N. I
            if so I will have a look for her marriages Lizzy

Comment

Spot on Lizzy !

Comment

if she married in northern ireland, the indexes are only available at the registrar. the subscription sites have records up to the 50's but that is southern ireland, the northern irish ones finish in 1922, when the countries split.

Comment

Hi Alan only found this info.
                  Richard Black died aged 36 years in 1922 in Molenan.
                  making Hannah only 13 years so there could be a possiblity that her Mum Bella remarried but not sure
                  it could also be the reason that she came to England I always like o look out side the circle. Lizzy

Comment

Cheers for that Lizzy. I understand that Richard was shot in those troubled times. One of his grandchildren visited yesterday so I gingerly mentioned I was having trouble with her family tree and we went round the houses avoiding the subject.............. spoke about the birds on the feeder after that!
                    I note what you say Kyle and will explain my problem.

Comment

Originally posted by AlanC View Post
                      Other than her baptism record showing parents Richard & Isabella, I cant find either of her two marriages. Her first was to a man named McAleney (or derivative, first name not known) and the second was a Patrick Bonner.
                      I realise that a lot of records went up in flames in the 1920s but searching through Roots Ireland, Ancestry have produced nothing..............................can anyone please help?
                      BMDs did not perish just the census stuff. Familysearch.org has some BMDs indexes as does ancestry.

Margaret

Comment

Morning Margaret, I didnt realise that. It didnt prevent me from looking in Familysearch originally but found nothing.
                        I now think parentage is suspect particularly with the father and if one of the daughters doesnt want to tell...............it's her perogative.

Comment

There's this marriage with an Elizabeth Mary McElhinney on the same page.

Patrick Bonner
                          Date of Registration: Oct-Nov-Dec 1945
                          Registration district: Stranolar
                          Volume: 2
                          Page Number: 131
                          FHL Film Number: 101579

Comment

Originally posted by AlanC View Post
                            Morning Margaret, I didnt realise that. It didnt prevent me from looking in Familysearch originally but found nothing.
                            I now think parentage is suspect particularly with the father and if one of the daughters doesnt want to tell...............it's her perogative.
                            Do you think you have the full/correct name for Hannah?

Margaret

Comment

You are right Richard Black was shot by mistake and misadventure in Londonderry 1922, comes up under Honour Roll Ulster Special Constabulary, they were very bad times my stepfather was Irish. Still wondering if we can track Hannahs marriages by finding her Mum, LIzzy

Comment

Here is Hannah with family in 1911 http://www.census.nationalarchives.i.../nai002850585/

Margaret

Comment

I'm prompted to ask which Sites you ladies are searching because I dont seem to have it ?
                                  That Roll of Honour was good Liz, that'll bring tears to her eyes tomorrow.

Comment

All I do to start with is put it into google search and see if anything comes up if not I have a Irish site I go on LIzzy

Comment

Forgot to say reading about the Irish Folk it did not really matter if they were orange or green man alot use their Conformation name as a first name, Scots are the same.Lizzy

Comment

Google Everything !...................a valuable lesson I learnt ages ago but forget to practice..............it's an age thing

Comment

Working...
                                        X