Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it possible to get somebodies 1st World War Scottish Army Records ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it possible to get somebodies 1st World War Scottish Army Records ?

would this be possible and if so where would I write to ? thanks

Hm Surely Scottish Army Records are the same as any one else's army Records for the UK? You will either find them at Kew or Ancestry although if in the army before 1914, then maybe FMP. Of course the records may have been destroyed and so will not be found anywhere. If they were Officers Records, then they will be at Kew as I have not found Officers Records online.

You did mean First World War, not Second World War ?

Janet
    Last edited by Janet; 07-05-13, 18:54.

Comment

oh stupid me off course they are, thanks Janet

Comment

Not stupid at all, Val. How were you to KNOW, if you've never consulted military records for a Scot before? (We're so used to Scotland having its own records for things that it was a fairly natural assumption.)
        Janet in Yorkshire

Genealogists never die - they just swap places in the family tree

Comment

I was almost going to add that Scotland are not independent yet, so if in another year's time you are still looking then who knows what the answer might be then!! We have all been there Val!

Janet

Comment

thanks Janet I shall have to wait then as I cannot find them ,why is it I can find lots on my Grandfather who must have enlisted in every regiment in the first World War, yet cannot find even one page on most of my others. :conf:

Comment

Val,
              give us a name and number, if possible, and I/we can have a look on Ancestry to see if there are any records extant.
              Whoever said Seek and Ye shall find was not a genealogist.

David

Comment

If you can contact Ann Swabey, this is her area ox expertise, and she visits Kew regularly.

Christine
                Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

thanks Grumpy dont worry I had a really good look and they aren't there, and thanks Chrisitine I shall try her .

Comment

Working...
                  X