Marriage in London 1880

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marriage in London 1880

Anna Maria Sophia van Aalst married Count Hendrik Otto van Limburg-Stirum on 26 May 1880 in London, England. According to the BMD registers it was in the Strand. Is there any entry on the London Registers for this - I would be interested to see the brides entry as she had been married before, so want to know if she was a widow or divorced. (She was Dutch, and it was quite common for them to divorce)
    Linda

My avatar is my Grandmother Carolina Meulenhoff 1896 - 1955

sorry not found it on there, what was her previous surname ?
    Last edited by Guest; 04-05-13, 21:59.

Comment

Found this record in The Hague, Netherlands, Marriage Index, 1811-1931
      Hendrik Otto Limburg Stirum
      Spouse: Frederika Henriette Nobel
      Children: Johan Paul Limburg Stirum

The link on that doesn't work so can't see any further details but looks like he was married before.

Margaret

Comment

Have a look here on familysearch.org https://familysearch.org/search/reco...an%20Aalst%22~

Margaret

Comment

A tree on Ancestry has Anna married in 1870 to a Willem Tobias Smedling (b1842-1911)

One child Matthieu Henri EDIT! Theodore Smedling

Divorced 1879

Vera
          Last edited by vera2013; 05-05-13, 10:45.

Comment

fmp records a marriage license:

14 oct 1847

pieter dietrich, count of limburg stirum to ellen drayton.

Comment

the marriage you want isn't showing on fmp, it's possible it was a register office marriage.

Comment

On FreeBMD the bride is indexed under 2 names - van Aalst & also Smeding. http://www.freebmd.org.uk/cgi/search...80&action=Find .................................... Jay
                Janet in Yorkshire

Genealogists never die - they just swap places in the family tree

Comment

Hi thanks for all that - yes she was previously married to Willem Tobias Smeding, but I hadn't found that child before, thank you for that. It looks like they were both divorced, so presumably would not have been able to have a church wedding.

Thanks again - I was going cross-eyed last night trying to sort them out. The name van Aalst is quite common - I have a couple of hundred in my tree already, and they do like to use the same christian names!
                  Linda

My avatar is my Grandmother Carolina Meulenhoff 1896 - 1955

Comment

if you google, 'count of limburg stirum' wikipedia has a nice article explaining them. didn't mention your rellies husband though.

Comment

Working...
                    X