Deceased online look up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deceased online look up

Does anyone have a subscription to this site who might be able to look up a grave reference for me. I've only just found deceased online site and in the free search part found my great uncle and the date of his burial.Problem is it's in a huge cemetery although only about 2 miles from where I live so would take me ages to find his grave if at all without a grave reference. In case anyone can help the details are

Edward Harry Bellhouse buried at Hale cemetery Greater Manchester on 10/11/1941. I believe his wife Dorcas will be in with him and probably his infant grandson Kenneth but it says there is another burial in there too and I've no idea who that can be. Hoping someone can help

Thanks for looking
    Liz
    my avatar is Emily Varndell Andrews,my paternal grandmother born 1891

You could email here access.trafford@trafford.gov.uk which is off the website that covers Hale Cemetery and I'm sure they'll help you for free since you have a date.

Or this one might be better altrincham.crematorium@trafford.gov.uk and the phone number 0161 928 7771
    Margaret
    Last edited by margaretmarch; 30-04-13, 12:58.

Comment

oh thankyou Margaret I should have thought of that !

Liz

Comment

Thanks so much Margaret. I phoned Altrincham crematorium and they found his grave reference for me and said if I go any day between 8 and 3 the gardener will take me to his grave !! Aren't there some wonderful helpful people around (of course including on this forum) .

Liz

Comment

Sent you a pm

Linda

Comment

waiting for it Linda. It hasn't appeared yet.

Liz

Oh thankyou Linda .That is his son also Edward Harry Bellhouse in 2012 and I saw his death notice in our local paper last year. He is my late dad's cousin and although the family is very close Dad never knew him or even of him ,although at one point Edward Harry senior and family lived about 500 yards from our house !! I plan to visit the cemetery tomorrow and pay my respects. Many thanks again

Liz
            Last edited by congletonian; 30-04-13, 13:45.

Comment

Hope it's there now. Just checked. Sent it at 14.39

Linda

Comment

Got it Linda
                I added to my post above

Liz

Comment

You're welcome.

Have a good day tomorrow

Linda

Comment

Originally posted by congletonian View Post
                    Thanks so much Margaret. I phoned Altrincham crematorium and they found his grave reference for me and said if I go any day between 8 and 3 the gardener will take me to his grave !! Aren't there some wonderful helpful people around (of course including on this forum) .

Liz
                    I thought they would be helpful as my parents are buried in Southern Cemetery Manchester and when I went there one day thinking I would remember where the grave was I had to check with them and they were very helpful.

Margaret

Comment

Went to Hale cemetery yesterday and thanks to having a grave reference and a cemetery map from the internet I was able to find the grave of my great uncle and his family easily. I took a couple of photos which I will put with his pages in my Bellhouse file. Thanks very much again for the help from other members.

Liz

Comment

Working...
                      X