Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me understand this?

Hi
    I wonder if some one could sort this out for me iv got a husband and wife from freebmd both the same marriage date?

what does it mean townsley and feeney?

BATTERSBY Mary M TOWNSLEY Stoke N'ton 1 5d 1187

FEENEY Mary M TOWNSLEY Stoke N'ton 1 5d 1187
    FEENEY Maureen TOWNSLEY Stoke N'ton 1 5d 1187

Roe Rose E Wood Stoke N'ton 1 5d 1187

TOWNSLEY Peter FEENEY Stoke N'ton 1 5d 1187
    TOWNSLEY Peter BATTERSBY Stoke N'ton 1 5d 1187

WOOD Clarence C ROE Stoke N'ton 1 5d 1187
    Last edited by Caroline; 30-04-13, 11:48. Reason: Dates removed

My take on this, bearing in mind that there were only two marriages on a register page at that time that Clarence C WOOD married Rose E ROE and that Mary M BATTERSBY, also known as Mary M FEENEY, or Maureen FEENEY married Peter TOWNSLEY
    Judith passed away in October 2018

Comment

It's shown clearer on ancestry

Peter Townsley
      Spouse Surname: Feeney Or Battersby
      Date of Registration: Oct-Nov-Dec
      Registration district: Stoke Newington
      Inferred County: London
      Volume Number: 5d
      Page Number: 1187

She is also listed as either Mary M or Maureen so I guess her middle name is Maureen.

This indicates she was either married before or used a different surname to her original one.

Margaret
      Last edited by margaretmarch; 30-04-13, 10:33.

Comment

Hi I am related to the Townsley couple you mention, they are my grandparents I have never had contact with them but u do with their daughter carol. We were wondering whether you have found out any further information about them especially the Mary feeney as my aunt lost contact with her on about 1967. Also, was there a reason you were looking at this couple? Thanks in advance kara Gerrie

Comment

Originally posted by Kara Gerrie View Post
          Hi I am related to the Townsley couple you mention, they are my grandparents I have never had contact with them but u do with their daughter carol. We were wondering whether you have found out any further information about them especially the Mary feeney as my aunt lost contact with her on about 1967. Also, was there a reason you were looking at this couple? Thanks in advance kara Gerrie
          Kara, if you click on Ron's username to the left of the screen, you will get a drop down box from there, there is an option to send him a Private Message [PM] and initiate contact with him.

Welcome to the forum!
          Julie
          They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Thanks will do

Comment

Hi you never whos going to contact you next, yes i know carol shes so up in
              > the air i though id give some help( im sure you know what i mean) They are
              > Carol parents Peter townsley & Maureen feeney, i started out trying out if
              > her mother was alive but i found that her mum has 3 other alias MARY M
              > TOWNSLEY, Mary M Feeney, MARY M BATTERSBY, and MARY M MULHERON
              > or
              > MAUREEN M MULHERON
              >
              > MAUREEN M TOWNSLEY
              >
              > MAUREEN M Feeney
              >
              > MAUREEN M BATTERSBY
              >
              > so im going through them trying to find who and what they are. IVE got the
              > birth cert of Maureen Feeney and also ive got 3 marr cert they are all to
              > Peter Townsley but 3 different girls name (poor bloke) quote: "MARY MULHERON
              > FEENEY otherwise MAUREEN FEENEY, formally known as MARY MULHERON BATTERSBY"
              > end quote.
              > The marr cert ALSO says quote: "PREVIOUS MARRIAGE DISSOLVED" end quote.
              > After 1964 ive not found any thing as yet. Ive got a feeling she might be
              > dead now.
              > So your aunt is carol sister is she? Could i have her name? birth?, when
              > she married?
              > Ive found carols grandparents JOHN JOESPH FEENEY im not sure about the grand
              > mother yet,
              > and PETER were
              > James Gourley Townsley
              >
              >
              > PETER TOWNSLEY ( her dad) died in i think in 2002/3.
              >
              >
              >

Comment

Can you help decipher this please thanks?

[IMG]IMG_20130515_0005.GIF[/IMG]

Comment

Originally posted by ron101 View Post
                  Can you help decipher this please thanks?

[IMG]IMG_20130515_0005.GIF[/IMG]
                  I can't open that image Ron, I don't think it has uploaded to the website. It's usually best to put an image on somewhere like photobucket and then give us the link to that.

Margaret

Comment

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

sorry im a bit new to this.
                    Last edited by Darksecretz; 18-05-13, 10:29. Reason: putting in [IMG] link :)

Comment

Hi Ron

6 March 1939 14 Virgil St OD
                      Maureen (girl)
                      (Father) John Joseph Feeney, Tannery labourer
                      (Mother) Mary Jane Feeney formerly Welsh
                      (Informant) MJ Feeney, mother, 14 Virgil St Liverpool (5?)
                      Registered 6 April 1939

OC

Comment

I think it says ....

Date and place of birth: 6 Mar 1939, 14 Virgil St OD
                        Child's name : Maureen
                        Sex : Girl
                        Father's name: John Joseph Feeney
                        Mother's name: Mary Jane Feeney formerly Welsh
                        Father's occupation: Joinery Labourer
                        Name and address of informant: M J Feeney, 14 Virgil St, Liverpool 3 (or 5?)
                        Date of registration : 6 April 1939
                        Name and signature of registrar: J H Harvey
                        Always looking for Goodwins in Berkshire.

Comment

Ron

I have added the IMG link from Photobucket to your post, so that our members can help.. don't worry about not getting it right, that's what we are here for

[we all had to start somewhere]

the last part of the cert where it states 'Liverpool' I did wonder if it should be 'Liverpool S' [as in SOUTH Liverpool] just a thought
                          Julie

Comment

The parents married in Liverpool S Reg Dist in Q3 1937
                            Janet in Yorkshire

Genealogists never die - they just swap places in the family tree

Comment

Anna Townsley Johnston is the name im looking for, her married is Johnston and her maiden name is Townsley,when searching is is correct to put Anna Townsley Johnston or does the maiden name go last. Is it supposed to looking for both surnames coz i find it looks for "Anna Townsley Johnston Townsley" Im using ancestry.co.uk.
                              Last edited by ron101; 20-05-13, 08:45.

Comment

Anna Townsley Johnston is the name im looking for, her married is Johnston and her maiden name is Townsley,when searching is is correct to put Anna Townsley Johnston or does the maiden name go last. Is it supposed to looking for both surnames coz i find it looks for "Anna Townsley Johnston Townsley" Im using ancestry.co.uk.
                                Ron,

what time frame are we looking at here? are you trying to find her in the census? do you know when Anna was born?

edit to say: if you are looking for her before she married, you will just need to put in Anna Townsley, if after she she married it'd be Anna Johnston
                                Last edited by Darksecretz; 20-05-13, 10:53.
                                Julie

Comment

But why then does ancestry put townsley johnston townsley when it only anna townsley im looking for?

Comment

If you just put Townsley A into births on free BMD Ron there are loads of Ann/Anne and Annie but not a single Anna.
                                    Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

But why then does ancestry put townsley johnston townsley when it only anna townsley im looking for?
                                      Are you talking about Marriages Ron or what section of Ancestry do you mean?
                                      Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

the first search box you see
                                        Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

thats what im using?

Comment

Working...
                                        X