Thomas C Curtis M Ceinwen Rees 1920, Pontypridd, Stuck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thomas C Curtis M Ceinwen Rees 1920, Pontypridd, Stuck

Found the above marriage for my husbands Great Grandparents but his parents know nothing more about the family so I'm having trouble tracing any further back. Im on ancestry btw. What should my next move be, any tips greatfully received. Thank you.

there is a birth for a Thomas Charles Curtis Dec Quarter 1899 11a 585 Pontypridd Glamorgan
    and this could be him in 1911 ?

Comment

That one would fit with a death in Pontypridd in Jan-March 1964 too Val.
      Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

Also, a death of Ceinwen Curtis born 2nd June 1900 died April-June 1982 aged 82 in Pontypridd.

Birth probably the one registered in July-Sept 1900 in Pontypridd ref 11a 500.
        Last edited by Chrissie Smiff; 29-04-13, 19:51.
        Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

Ceinwen Rees married Thomas C Curtis Pontypridd Apr-May-Jun 11A/1698

If you have absolutely no idea, I would buy this certificate to start you off on the right foot

Ceinwen 1900 would be in the same area as Thomas
          Last edited by Elaine; 29-04-13, 19:57.
          Elaine

Looking for Ward, Moore, Hunt, Warren...and who was Gertrude Wills

http://leicestermoores.tribalpages.com
          http://wardnottsleics.tribalpages.com

Comment

this may be Ceinwen in 1911
            http://interactive.ancestry.co.uk/23...l=ReturnRecord

Comment

Hi thank you all, I found Thomas Charles Curtis after I decided to order a marriage cert but at least I'll have something concrete when I get it. Found a possible link for ceinwen too but as my family know absolutely nothing I thought it best to check my facts. Thank you all for your help.

Comment

It's nice to see you have found the same people as me, makes me more confident.

Btw "Val wish I'd never started" I like that, I feel totally overwhelmed sometimes trying to research four trees

Comment

Originally posted by currie1972 View Post
                  Hi thank you all, I found Thomas Charles Curtis after I decided to order a marriage cert but at least I'll have something concrete when I get it. Found a possible link for ceinwen too but as my family know absolutely nothing I thought it best to check my facts. Thank you all for your help.
                  It is always best to get certificates whether or not anything is known about ancestors because it can be the case that memories are not clear or accurate or have been handed down and are not even true!!

To do a tree properly you must get certificates as you go back each generation otherwise you can easily follow a completely wrong line.

I would try to concentrate on one tree at a time otherwise it is easy to get into a muddle as to who is on what tree.

Margaret
                  Last edited by margaretmarch; 30-04-13, 07:43.

Comment

Working...
                  X