Mary McCarthy in 1891?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mary McCarthy in 1891?

I can find Mary Ann Ameila McCarthy in 1881 and 1901 census but am having a problem with 1891.

Details:
    Mary Ann Amelia McCarthy,
    b=1875, bethnal green
    parents=John Shadrach McCathy & Esther Chandler
    married=John Arthur Albert McKanna in 1898, St Jude Bethnal Green

If anyone has time to give me a hand, I would be grateful.

Many thanks
    Amanda

This may be them transcribed on Ancestry as McCarley

RG12 piece 261, folio 25, page 45
    Jackie

Comment

Oh my goodness me - it could well be!!!

Thank you so much Jackie, I've looked and looked - I wish I knew your secret for better searching!
      Thanks again

Amanda

Comment

Amanda sometimes less is more;) ,try just the first name place and rough year of birth

Comment

Merci beaucoup, both of you x

Amanda

Comment

...and off piste but seeing as you two are so knowledgable.....i'm going to apply for a death cert for 1891 but on the index the name is incorrectly spelt - should I still apply giving the correct name with page and volume details or the incorrect but listed name??

Thank you again

Comment

I don't know the answer to that one. The GRO can be quite particular if the details you provide don't exactly match what they have but whether they go from the index or the cert (assuming they're different - the name may be wrong on the cert as well) I don't know. If the local register office do copy certs you might be better to order from them. Some of them are very helpful if you phone them.
              Jackie

Comment

Originally posted by amck37 View Post
                ...and off piste but seeing as you two are so knowledgable.....i'm going to apply for a death cert for 1891 but on the index the name is incorrectly spelt - should I still apply giving the correct name with page and volume details or the incorrect but listed name??

Thank you again
                Amanda, you will need to apply for the name that is shown in the index, [if you specify the 'correct name' as you know it and it doesn't match with the GRO's index they will not issue the cert]

hope this helps :smilee:
                Julie
                They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

as a side note, is the name incorrectly spelt on FreeBMD or Ancestry or both? [have you tried looking at say FMP to see if it is the same?]

I do know that sometimes Ancestry can have differing names to FreeBMD & FMP.
                  Julie
                  They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Thanks Julie, yes it's the same spelling on BMD too.

Comment

Working...
                    X