Help with Emily Hews/Hewes/Hughes - missing in 1871

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with Emily Hews/Hewes/Hughes - missing in 1871

Background- Emilia Finch (born Brisley Norfolk 1844) had 2 daughters Anna & Georgina Finch at Brisley Norfolk in 1860 & 1862
    She married John Hews (c1842) at Wisbech St Peter (Cambridgeshire) in 1869. John was a dredgerman.
    1871 census – the two Finch girls were in Wisbech, with Emily’s parents but I can’t find Emily and John.
    1876 and after - I don’t know what happened to John, but Emily married again at Hull St Barnabus in 1876; her groom was Thomas Frost, 21 yrs, born Wisbech. In 1881 Thomas & Emily lived in Hull – he was a dock labourer and Emily’s 2 girls, by then grown up, were with them. The younger girl married in Hull in1882 & had a child in Hull in 1883.
    By 1884, the whole family were back in Wisbech where more grandchildren were born & where Thomas died in 1888.( Emily started a coal business then branched out into also running a village shop & post office – she died in 1920. )
    Last edited by Janet in Yorkshire; 24-04-13, 10:10.
    Janet in Yorkshire

Genealogists never die - they just swap places in the family tree

am having a look Jay, but am in the middle of cooking.. so it'll be a little while before I reply. :smilee:
    Julie
    They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

I've been looking Jay but not having much luck so far.

Vera

Comment

Thanks both .............. Jay
        Janet in Yorkshire

Comment

Well, at least posting this thread has made me review my very old notes - and to discover that Anna (Happy Anna Jane) was Emily's orphaned niece, not her daughter.;D And to find HAJ's marriage, children and eventual death registration, having reached the age of 89 yrs!
          Janet in Yorkshire

Comment

Originally posted by Janet in Yorkshire View Post
            Well, at least posting this thread has made me review my very old notes - and to discover that Anna (Happy Anna Jane) was Emily's orphaned niece, not her daughter.;D And to find HAJ's marriage, children and eventual death registration, having reached the age of 89 yrs!
            thats good then,! it is a very good idea to 'review' what we think we have/know from time to time, more and more information being available online now, we can delve that little bit further.

not having much luck at the moment though with Emily/John :(
            Julie
            They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Working...
            X