Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone live near Sheet Hants and/or Petersfield who could take some photos pls.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photographs: Anyone live near Sheet Hants and/or Petersfield who could take some photos pls.

I was wondering if anyone who lived near Sheet, Hants, could take some photos of the Village there and churches. In 1861 my Daniel Cook lived in 6 Mill Lane. He and his wife Sally Phelps/Philps were married 8 Aug 1840 in Petersfield Hants. I don't know which church tho, and I don't know how far Sheet is from Petersfield. HIS parents were Thomas Cook b 1 May 1777 and he was baptised again in Petersfield. He and his wife Elizabeth Fisher were also married in Petersfield. And Thomas's father William was also married there in 1763 - I guess it was the family church.

I'd be thrilled to bits to get any pics. I was in England in 1999 but never got down to Hants. myself.
    jood sadly died in November 2019.

Jood - there's this site: http://www.francisfrith.com/petersfi...n=google.co.uk

and this https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=sh...ient=firefox-a

Put Sheet to Petersfield into Google Maps and you'll see it's about 2 miles not even separated really they run into each other.

Bit too far for me to go for photos tho - sorry
    Dorothy G

searching Gillett (Preston/Sheffield). Campbell and Hepburn in Glasgow

There's no such thing as a Free Lunch

Comment

There is a picture of St Peter's, Petersfield in our very own Places of Worship:

It doesn't look as though St Mary Magdelen, Sheet has been "done" yet though. I make no promises for instant photography, since it depends on my "chauffeur" but might be able to oblige at some time if I'm in the vicinity.
      Caroline
      Caroline's Family History Pages
      Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

Thanks Caroline & Dubonnet. I wondered why I hadn't got a reply, I didnt get an email message reminding me!

I'm just off to bed now - it's late. Will have a peek in the morning. I do appreciate your help girls.

Comment

Caroline is that the only church in Petersfield, as my information doesn't show which church.
          Maybe I could get someone to look up the births and marriages. I have the information but not from where it came.

I just know they lived in 6 Mill Lane in 1861.

Comment

Working...
          X