Could he have married again?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could he have married again?

I have been updating my Ancestry tree and I am back on the elusive great grandfather, George Arthur Perry, hunt again. I was so proud when I found the first wife, but now I am wondering if there may be another!
    In 1875 he married Elizabeth in Coventry Warwickshire, although they lived in Northumberland. She died in 1877. This is where I find my newspaper report, regarding the funeral directors sueing for the monies owed.

URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/838/arthurperrybishopauckla.jpg/][/URL]

He married in 1881 in Newcastle to Jessie, this marriage shows he was a widower, which all makes sense, but in 1879 there is another newspaper report, where money lenders are seeking repayment, and it indicates that his wife also signed the document.

(hopefully you can click on link and see it)
    I think I know this man pretty well now, and nothing surprises me, but I wonder if someone not so close, could just indicate whether they think this may have been Elizabeth, which would have been more than 2 years earlier or could this be another wife.
    The problem I have had is that he uses either George. George Arthur or Arthur Perry as the wind takes him and all his marriages have occurred under license in areas away from where he lives, so it is a bit of a case of stick a pin in the map and hope for the best.
    Does anyone think there is another wife, or should I just let it go?
    Thank you for your time

PS I have found a George marrying in Auckland to either Charlotte or Elizabeth, but have not been able to find a death for either within the time frame.
    PPS Please don't ask re where and when he was born, I haven't a scooby, census records say Chile, death cert drew a blank. Father = George (surgeon)
    Last edited by bubblebelle; 15-04-13, 13:52. Reason: addition
    Bubblebelle x

FAMILY INTERESTS: Pitts of Sherborne Gloucs. Deaney (Bucks). Pye of Kent. Randolph of Lydd, Kent. Youell of Norfolk and Suffolk. Howe of Lampton. Carden of Bucks.

think you mean he married Jessie in 1881 ??

Comment

there is a marriage for a George Arthur Perry in Sep quarter 1877 Witham Essex to a Henrietta Carter , but seems a bit remote

Comment

I remember looking at that one, way back in my research. Thank you I will look at her again.

Yes you are right 1881, he married Edith in 1891.. sorry, will change that.

So do you think there may be another wife too?
        Bubblebelle x

FAMILY INTERESTS: Pitts of Sherborne Gloucs. Deaney (Bucks). Pye of Kent. Randolph of Lydd, Kent. Youell of Norfolk and Suffolk. Howe of Lampton. Carden of Bucks.

Comment

Nope not her she is still with George Arthur in 1911.
          Bubblebelle x

Comment

Working...
          X