Ancestry playing up ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ancestry playing up ?

am getting really annoyed now each time I try to add a record to my tree it says try again later ??

Nothing to do with trees - but when I search on my .com.au home page (old search) it is taking me straight to the .com site and giving me a "new search" type list of responses - but asking me to sign up for a 14day free trial .......bizarre - hope it sorts itself out

Comment

I'm sure they offered free marriage look ups this weekend maybe thats why I am having problems too many people on it .

Comment

Playing up with me too.
        herky
        Researching - Trimmer (Farringdon), Noble & Taylor (Ross and Cromarty), Norris (Glasgow), McGilvray (Glasgow and Australia), Leck & Efford (Glasgow), Ferrett (Hampshire), Jenkins & Williams (Aberystwyth), Morton (Motherwell and Tipton), Barrowman (Glasgow), Lilley (Bromsgrove and Glasgow), Cresswell (England and Lanarkshire). Simpson, Morrow and Norris in Ireland. Thomas Price b c 1844 Scotland.

Comment

Just been on Ancestry.........it's all changed again!!!

I wish they would leave it alone. Just as I get the hang of it....they change it all.

That's probably why it was playing up yesterday.

Lesley

Comment

I am having the same problem as Sue and it is driving me nuts!

Search old style on .co.uk and get taken to new search results on .com

Chris
            Last edited by Chris in Sussex; 14-04-13, 14:54.
            Avatar....My darling mum, Irene June Robinson nee Pearson 1931-2019.

'Take nothing on its looks, take everything on evidence. There is no better rule' Charles Dickens, Great Expectations.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris in Sussex View Post

Chris
              That's my problem too - I always use old search on .co but why do I end up in .com????
              Weird!!!!!!!!:(:(
              herky
              Researching - Trimmer (Farringdon), Noble & Taylor (Ross and Cromarty), Norris (Glasgow), McGilvray (Glasgow and Australia), Leck & Efford (Glasgow), Ferrett (Hampshire), Jenkins & Williams (Aberystwyth), Morton (Motherwell and Tipton), Barrowman (Glasgow), Lilley (Bromsgrove and Glasgow), Cresswell (England and Lanarkshire). Simpson, Morrow and Norris in Ireland. Thomas Price b c 1844 Scotland.

Comment

Nothings changed for me - yet!
                Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Chris in Sussex View Post

Chris
                  This started for me yesterday and its really not helpful because there doesn't seem to be a way of selecting UK Records only, but I've managed to work out how to get round it. Click on "Search all records" in the dropdown menu in the bar at the top where it says "Search". The Search box that comes up has the tick box "Only show results from the UK and Ireland". When that's selected the results come up in the .co.uk site
                  Jackie

Comment

I've worked that out too Jackie - annoying though having to use an extra screen - it's weird. Are others presumably being asked to sign up to .com too

Comment

I always have the UK and Irish records box ticked anyway unless I want to look elsewhere ,so am not having that problem thank goodness, but last night was ridiculous trying to add records to my tree kept getting try again later .

Comment

spoke too soon have only UK and Irish checked yet am getting births in Ohio ?? while looking for a Birth in Westminster London ?

Comment

I have just been given access to someones private tree on ancestry and I am really hoping that this may help with my illusive Ibbotson's, but as soon as I click on the link I am asked to check back soon. Not best pleased.

Sandra
                          Last edited by Sherbertrose; 15-04-13, 21:44.

Comment

hope you have emailed them I did I am having trouble most of the time now, not what I paid for.

Comment

I have just e-mailed them as the link is still not working. Whether it will make any difference or not I really do not know!

Sandra
                              Last edited by Sherbertrose; 16-04-13, 08:58.

Comment

its always good to let them know when there is a problem, bit of luck they will sort it as I am still having problems.

Comment

Working...
                                X