Anyone good with Family Search?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone good with Family Search?

I have a William Smith, b.abt 1801 in Pinxton, Derbys.

Someone else has him on an Ancestry tree, saying he's the son of Henry and Mary Smith and that he was Christened on 24 Nov 1801, quoting the IGI as the source of the info.

I can find what I think is another son of Henry and Mary, also called William, who was Christened and buried in Pinxton in 1799, the Christening and death of a daughter Mary in 1797; and a Christening of an Elizabeth on 4 Aug 1795, but nothing for the William b. 1801.

The same tree also states that Henry was b.26 Dec 1765 in Pinxton, but quotes no source for the info. I've tried FS for that too, but without any luck.

Can anyone help, please?

Thanks
    STG
    Always looking for Goodwins in Berkshire.

This one?
    Discover your family history. Explore the world’s largest collection of free family trees, genealogy records and resources.
    Elaine

Comment

.. and this
      Discover your family history. Explore the world’s largest collection of free family trees, genealogy records and resources.
      Elaine

Comment

Rather than searching FamilySearch as a whole, it is sometimes easier just to search the IGI part of it, which is where I found your entries.
        Elaine

Comment

Thanks Elaine.

I find FS very confusing. [am aiming for masterly understatement here ]

I see that both entries are submitted, rather than indexed, so am a bit dubious about them. Will see if someone with a Derbyshire CD can confirm at least William's details.

Thanks again
          STG

Comment

Edna

Comment

Elizabeth 1795 and Mary 1797 https://familysearch.org/search/reco...ber%3AC05968-1

Edna

Comment

Mary 1797 March died June 1797

Edna

Comment

Thanks Edna.

I've managed to make contact with someone with a Pinxton BMDs CD who confirmed these and also found others.

STG

Comment

Thats good news then STG

Edna

Comment

Working...
                    X