Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Adoption facility with Ancestry family trees?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adoption facility with Ancestry family trees?

Please does anyone know if there is a facility within Ancestry trees that help indicate that someone was adopted into the family.
    I am trying to sort out my tree a bit and wondered if there was another way other than writing adopted after the name.

Thank you
    Bubblebelle x

FAMILY INTERESTS: Pitts of Sherborne Gloucs. Deaney (Bucks). Pye of Kent. Randolph of Lydd, Kent. Youell of Norfolk and Suffolk. Howe of Lampton. Carden of Bucks.

Does this help?

Elaine

Comment

Sorry for butting in guys, thanks for the link Elaine. I've been trying to figure out how to add my John.
      Lennon. Phillips. Thomas. Peacock. Tubridy. Burton.

I am the girl from that town & I'm darn proud of it.

Comment

Thank you so much Elaine and glad it helped someone else too Lennon.
        Bubblebelle x

FAMILY INTERESTS: Pitts of Sherborne Gloucs. Deaney (Bucks). Pye of Kent. Randolph of Lydd, Kent. Youell of Norfolk and Suffolk. Howe of Lampton. Carden of Bucks.

Comment

Oo I can also add a deed poll name change, it's so easy.... when you know how.
          Bubblebelle x

Comment

Yeah now I just need to figure out WHO I actually attach him to if I ever find out who his parents are. Do I leave the ones that brought him up etc or those that gave him away due to circumstances under their control?

Comment

Thank you Elaine and Bubblebell for the thread I realise now that my problem was because I hadn't bothered to enter her birth parents, only her adoptive ones. Can put that right now
              Last edited by Chrissie Smiff; 08-04-13, 12:25.
              Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

Lennon, if you go down the instructions there is a link to

Listing adopted or stepchild's biological parents in a family tree

that might help.

Now looking to see how to add a long term partner, who they never married.

It's a whole new world out there Chrissie.
                Bubblebelle x

Comment

ahh I see it now.. If you do find the partner not married thing please can you let me know bubbles?

Comment

So far I have found how to sort out children with a named man but not a spouse

Still sorting adoptions will get back if I find partner bit.
                    Bubblebelle x

Comment

Okay Lennon in much the same way as adoption.

Add the name of partner as if a spouse
                      Then go into Profile
                      Then edit.
                      Go into relationships
                      This should give you Spouse information then as a Spouse and next to this change, click this and drop down box choose Partner

..... Simples
                      Last edited by bubblebelle; 08-04-13, 13:10.
                      Bubblebelle x

Comment

Originally posted by bubblebelle View Post

Now looking to see how to add a long term partner, who they never married.
                        Use the same RELATIONSHIP tab.
                        Go to the PROFILE of the person in your tree, click on EDIT THIS PERSON (below their name)
                        Select RELATIONSHIPS
                        Next to name of spouse, click on CHANGE
                        In the drop down list select PARTNER (or whatever is applicable)
                        Elaine

Comment

Ooh, got there before me!
                          Elaine

Comment

Aww thank you bubbles. I have Evan Thomas married to Mary Morgan in Wales, he then comes over to England- Stockton to be precise and he then has more children with Mary Chapman stating that they are married.

Comment

Thanks Elaine. Amazing what options are there when you know how.
                              Bubblebelle x

Comment

Working...
                              X