Looking for missing children of the Dobson family

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for missing children of the Dobson family

I have just found out that my husbands Grandparents had more children than we have found in our research & we are having problems finding them.

To date we know that
    John Dobson b.3.2.1867 Warrington & Elizabeth Senior b.N.Woolwich 4.8.1868 married 19.6.1886 @ St Elphins Parish Church Warrington.
    Children :Emily b.1889-94,Walter b.1891,Harry b.1895 all in Warrington(we have documentary proof)

The family moved to Salford sometime before 1901c & they had another 2 ,George 1898 & Albert 1901(my husbands father).

However I enquired via a third party as to where they were living in1911c & was amazed to be told there was an additional daughter b.1909 named Lilly who we never knew about.That is not all because we were also told that in the 1911c it stated 12 children were born to John & Elizabeth Dobson but 7 were deceased.

I have found an Elizabeth b.22.12.1886 Ch.2.1.1887 @ St Elphins,Warrington parents as above & also Arthur b.22.1.1888 ch.3.2.1888& d.June 1888 also with same parents

In the 1911 the family are living in the Greengate area of Salford but I cannot find the other deceased children.Help needed if possible.
    ​Bettyespana

https://familysearch.org/search/reco...ion_id=1473014 have a browse here in this link, I asked for Dobson 1886 to 1911 with parents names John Dobson and Elizabeth in Lancashire

Edna

Comment

Originally posted by clematised View Post
      https://familysearch.org/search/reco...ion_id=1473014 have a browse here in this link, I asked for Dobson 1886 to 1911 with parents names John Dobson and Elizabeth in Lancashire

Edna
      Hello Edna,

Thank you for this,I have found a few of these that already match up with what I have got so that's fine.

Then I have found 2 births one in 1893 & another in 1898 both by the name George Barnham Dobson.However the George we have listed in our records & who my husband knew when he was younger was born after they moved to Salford.In fact recently someone told us that he had actually been born in Openshaw which is Manchester(next door to Salford)!

I will need to look further into this one in more I think
      ​Bettyespana

Comment

Originally posted by bettyespana View Post
        Hello Edna,

Thank you for this,I have found a few of these that already match up with what I have got so that's fine.

Then I have found 2 births one in 1893 & another in 1898 both by the name George Barnham Dobson.However the George we have listed in our records & who my husband knew when he was younger was born after they moved to Salford.In fact recently someone told us that he had actually been born in Openshaw which is Manchester(next door to Salford)!

I will need to look further into this one in more I think
        Now I am flummoxed!! Our tree names George Dobson b.1898 Salford, he married Catherine Parton @ Sacred Trinity Church,Salford in 1920(not got the exact date).In the 1932 Electoral Reg.they are living at 2 Uxbridge St Greengate Salford. Greengate was an area where there were rubber works & John Dobson(father of George) presumably moved his family there to obtain work as he was a rubber mixer.
        ​Bettyespana

Comment

Betty, I've had a look, but there were rather a lot of Dobson births in that area at that time. I'm not familiar with the area and as one town ran into another, I have no idea which registration districts your family of Dobson would have lived in. Can you identify "your" known birth registrations on FreeBMD and post a list of which ones they are? (name, quarter, registration district) It may be that someone can then spot a pattern. Also, it may help with dating and identifying possible missing births and then following up for corresponding infant deaths....................Jay
          Janet in Yorkshire

Genealogists never die - they just swap places in the family tree

Comment

Originally posted by Janet in Yorkshire View Post
            Betty, I've had a look, but there were rather a lot of Dobson births in that area at that time. I'm not familiar with the area and as one town ran into another, I have no idea which registration districts your family of Dobson would have lived in. Can you identify "your" known birth registrations on FreeBMD and post a list of which ones they are? (name, quarter, registration district) It may be that someone can then spot a pattern. Also, it may help with dating and identifying possible missing births and then following up for corresponding infant deaths....................Jay
            The only birth certificate copy I have is for Albert Dobson b. 17.Nov 1901 13 Ford Lane View Salford.
            Salford is a city but on the cert it states birth in Sub-district of Greengate Salford.
            What I do have are copies of the 1901c .RG13;P3730;F.143.p16 .They are living @ 10 James Henry St Greengate,Salford.Civil Parish:Salford
            Ecclsiastical Parish:St Matthias:Reg.District Salford.Sub district:Greengate

Household members:James Burns Lodger 39
            Patrick Burns " 65
            Elizabeth Dobson W 33 b.Woolwich
            George " S 3 b. Manchester
            Harry " S 6 b.Warrington
            John " H 34 b,Warrington
            Walter " S 9 b.Warrington

Albert Dobson b.Nov 1901 is my husbands father.He died 1929

I also have a copy of the 1891c when they were living at 3 Portland St Warrington RG12/3078

Listed are John Dobson H 24 Warrington
            Elizabeth Dobson W 23 Middsx
            Emily Dobson D 2 Warrington (Emily died in 1894)

Lilly Dobson was b.Greengate Salford according to the listing of 1911c as I have been advised recently.
            The information that there had been 12 children but 7 deceased was also stated therein.
            Last edited by bettyespana; 09-04-13, 19:12.
            ​Bettyespana

Comment

Working...
            X