Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Robert McKee - Can anyone help me locate an Inquest record?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Robert McKee - Can anyone help me locate an Inquest record?

Hi all.
    I have tried without success to locate an Inquest record or Newspaper article in relation to the following gentleman.
    Robert McKee, Private, 4th Royal Irish Regiment.
    He died aged 18 after being accidentally shot on 6th December, 1917 at Bellmount Hutments, County Cork, Ireland while undergoing training before being posted to France. According to his death certificate the details relating to the cause of death were 'received from Edmond Rice, deputy coroner for Cork County GR. Inquest held on 7th December, 1917 at Queenstown'(now called COBH) County Cork.
    If anyone can advise me where I can find the Inquest record or a newspaper article, or can supply any details directly, I would be very grateful.
    Thanks,
    Paul.

if you write to where the inquest was held they should have a copy of it

Comment

says he died in 1915 on FMP

Comment

have you got his army number ?

Comment

Cork newspapers for the period are available at the British Newspaper Library in London (Colindale).
          Retired professional researcher, and ex- deputy registrar, now based in Worcestershire. Happy to give any help or advice I can ( especially on matters of civil registration) - contact via PM or my website www.chalfontresearch.co.uk
          Follow me on Twittter @ChalfontR

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
            Think you'll find this a different Robert McKee Val - a 32 year old Lance Corporal (no 6766) in the Royal Irish RIFLES - buried in Belgium

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
              The link Moggie posted showed rifleman Robert McKee born Drumbad Co Down, died 1915 in France, Private Robert McKee, born Shankhill, Belfast, died 1917 "home"
              Last edited by JudithM; 05-04-13, 18:12.
              Judith passed away in October 2018

Comment

Thanks to all who have taken the time to reply so far. It would appear I have 2 possible courses of action to follow. I have to rule out visiting the British Newspaper Library in Colindale, London as I am based in N Ireland. That just leaves the option of establishing exactly who is the custodian of Inquest records from that time period(if they still exist) and making contact.
                Thanks.
                Paul.

Comment

I would e-mail the National Archives in Dublin and see if they hold the Cork coroners files.

Elwyn

I am based in Co. Antrim and undertake research in Northern Ireland. Please feel free to contact me for help or advice via PM.

Comment

Thanks Elwyn, and sorry for the delay in replying.
                    PS I also am based in Co. Antrim. Above the snow line, we still have lying snow, almost 3 weeks after it fell.

Paul.

Comment

Working...
                    X