Help reading these images please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help reading these images please

Please can anyone read these images please.
    Both are in the occupation section of the census and it is the words after Annuitant I am unsure of pn the 2nd one,

Thank you
    Last edited by bubblebelle; 04-04-13, 13:04.
    Bubblebelle x

FAMILY INTERESTS: Pitts of Sherborne Gloucs. Deaney (Bucks). Pye of Kent. Randolph of Lydd, Kent. Youell of Norfolk and Suffolk. Howe of Lampton. Carden of Bucks.

Have had a look and the first one looks like seaman and the second is far too small to see and has some text superimposed on it so obliterating any chance of identifying.

Usually after annuitant it might say fund holder or proprietor of properties or even the former occupation.

Margaret

PS: if you could give the links to the census images or the references that might be more helpful as we can then compare the writing with what's on the rest of the page.
    Last edited by margaretmarch; 04-04-13, 13:13.

Comment

Thank you Margaret

The first one thats what I hoped but wanted to double check

Second one, if you click on image does it take you to the image, or only on mine, this looks like Annuitant Bounty something to me. I will try and upload again
      Bubblebelle x

FAMILY INTERESTS: Pitts of Sherborne Gloucs. Deaney (Bucks). Pye of Kent. Randolph of Lydd, Kent. Youell of Norfolk and Suffolk. Howe of Lampton. Carden of Bucks.

Comment

Looks like "bounty wid", I've seen something similar recently for the widow of a RN seaman.
        Last edited by Jill on the A272; 04-04-13, 13:21.

Comment

Fingers crossed
          Bubblebelle x

Comment

No didn't work again... sorry

Thank you Jill that would make sense too. Thank you
            Bubblebelle x

Comment

I thought it might say "Bounty list" but don't know if that makes any sense
              Jackie

Comment

I have found a husband for Ann, who was in the RN nightowl, but she is now a widow. I think I need to do a bit of google work to work it out. Thank you. All I can think of is Bounty hunters, and of course chocolate
                The top image is possibly her son and she was a daughter of an RN, so the sea is in their genes.
                Thank you all.
                Bubblebelle x

Comment

Googling brought up 1821 book extract this which shows that the bounty list was a list of widows etc granted army or navy pensions. Don't know if link will work. http://books.google.co.uk/books?id=k...20navy&f=false
                  Judith passed away in October 2018

Comment

Thank you Judith, yes I found that and other explainations all stating much the same.
                    Bubblebelle x

Comment

Working...
                    X