Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

That was a surprise buried in friends grave ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That was a surprise buried in friends grave ?

John William Keen Headstone 1952.jpgJust found a burial in Thefindagrave site for a rellie surname Keen ,Headstone says Brown??? says he is a close friend and buried in the Brown family plot .
    Lucky the person who added the info did not say his name was Brown I would never have found him.

I can see you

Comment

I can't read the writing Val. Does it say why he was buried in the same grave? Other than that he was a friend of course.
      Lucky you found him
      Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

did you try hovering Chrissie???? it just says he was a close friend, I wonder how close ?

Comment

Link to memorial page:
          Son of John Thomas and Sarah E. (Sigston) Keen, aged 79 years. John William Keen, a close friend of the Brown family, was buried in the Brown family plot on December 1, 1952. The Brown plot contains a large stone with only the surname Brown inscribed, without any names or dates of anyone buried in the plot. ...

Val -
          if you want more info, there's two things you could try:
          * try leaving a message for Friends of Cedar Lawn Cemetery - it looks like they've got the plat record, and might be willing to share that with you. This is their membership page:
          Son of John Thomas and Sarah E. (Sigston) Keen, aged 79 years. John William Keen, a close friend of the Brown family, was buried in the Brown family plot on December 1, 1952. The Brown plot contains a large stone with only the surname Brown inscribed, without any names or dates of anyone buried in the plot. ...

* there's a good chance that an obituary might have been published at the time of his death. Sometimes a findagrave volunteer will do a look up for you - or at least, advise where to go looking for one, or the local library or gen society may know.

good luck
          sarah

Comment

thanks very much Sarah very kind of you will do, whats a plat record ???

those links are both the same ? Sarah is it on the same site ? thanks
            Last edited by Guest; 02-04-13, 17:39.

Comment

I can read the link now Val Perhaps he was such a close friend that, if they knew he didn't have a family plot to go in, they kindly wanted him in theirs?

Was he a close family member of yours?
              Last edited by Chrissie Smiff; 02-04-13, 19:18.

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
                thanks very much Sarah very kind of you will do, whats a plat record ???

those links are both the same ? Sarah is it on the same site ? thanks
                Plat records show the layout of the plot, including the graves and who is buried in them, usually including ages, DODs, and owner of the plot. I have both received a plat record from findagrave volunteer, and been a volunteer who located a plat record and forwarded it to the family. Some cemeteries will share, others won't.

And some volunteers will do the extra legwork, and others won't. I usually approach it by thanking them for creating the memorial page, then I'll ask if they used a plat record to get some of the information, then ask if they know how you can get a copy... and oh, bytheway, where could you locate an obituary...

Sorry about the wrong link. It's from the "created by" link on the memorial page. I think this will work:
                The World’s largest gravesite collection. Contribute, create and discover gravesites from all over the world. Member Profile: Friends of Cedar Lawn, a Find a Grave.
                Last edited by PhotoFamily; 02-04-13, 19:34.

Comment

He was a Great Uncle Chrissie, been trying to find out what happened to his sister for years, am trying to tie up all the Keens and Knights.
                  Earlier today found John living at Joseph Browns The secretary of the YMCA house as a Lodger in 1930 .
                  Thanks Photo did leave a message on there

Comment

Another one found then Hope you manage to find the sister next

Comment

Working...
                    X