Getting certs from the Groire Irish Office

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting certs from the Groire Irish Office

Am about to order some Death and Marriage Certs I dont know the dates just the quarter and the year volume and page number .
    Cannot remember how I got some before but what is the PPS number and do I need to put the quarter etc ? thanks

not sure about pps numbers, but fmp/ireland has a good index to the registration indexes

Comment

what does the website ask you val? i remember ordering certs for ireland, but that was antrim, so can't remember if i ordered from northern ireland or south. it should be same as england, just give them what the index tells you?

Comment

The form I downloaded asked for quarter etc but I didn't have it and still managed to get the certs without any problem.
        herky
        Researching - Trimmer (Farringdon), Noble & Taylor (Ross and Cromarty), Norris (Glasgow), McGilvray (Glasgow and Australia), Leck & Efford (Glasgow), Ferrett (Hampshire), Jenkins & Williams (Aberystwyth), Morton (Motherwell and Tipton), Barrowman (Glasgow), Lilley (Bromsgrove and Glasgow), Cresswell (England and Lanarkshire). Simpson, Morrow and Norris in Ireland. Thomas Price b c 1844 Scotland.

Comment

these forms ask for date month year ??? all I know is the year and the quarter, I do have the volume and page number according to Ancestry ?

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
            these forms ask for date month year ??? all I know is the year and the quarter, I do have the volume and page number according to Ancestry ?
            From what I remember I didn't have all the info requested but it was not a problem - I did have the volume etc from Ancestry.
            I also went for the photocopy version which was just about £4 pr cert.
            herky
            Researching - Trimmer (Farringdon), Noble & Taylor (Ross and Cromarty), Norris (Glasgow), McGilvray (Glasgow and Australia), Leck & Efford (Glasgow), Ferrett (Hampshire), Jenkins & Williams (Aberystwyth), Morton (Motherwell and Tipton), Barrowman (Glasgow), Lilley (Bromsgrove and Glasgow), Cresswell (England and Lanarkshire). Simpson, Morrow and Norris in Ireland. Thomas Price b c 1844 Scotland.

Comment

thanks Herky I am going to just get the copies as I am sending for about 6 at once.

Comment

Perhaps date, month and year are only needed for quite recent certs?
                Janet in Yorkshire

Genealogists never die - they just swap places in the family tree

Comment

thanks Janet will just put the year it should be enough anyway?

Comment

Originally posted by PhotoFamily View Post
                    not sure about pps numbers, but fmp/ireland has a good index to the registration indexes
                    and the index is free

Comment

Don't worry about the PPS number Val, it stands for Personal Public Service Number, it's the same as a National Insurance number in England. As you are not an Irish resident you don't have one!

Comment

oh thanks Frazzled ,wondered what it meant

Comment

€4.
                          Last edited by Joy Dean; 02-04-13, 21:34.
                          Joy

Comment

thats a long read Joy thanks for that, so I am assuming then I do need to put the volume and page number? was only going to put the year.

Comment

You should put the place, year, quarter (where there is one), volume & page number. It doesn’t matter where you put it on the form as long as its clear. Tick the box for photocopy if that suits you (you’ll save 16 euros). There’s no e-mail option for photocopies, so you need to post or fax it to them.
                              Elwyn

I am based in Co. Antrim and undertake research in Northern Ireland. Please feel free to contact me for help or advice via PM.

Comment

Thanks Elwyn I wasn't sure if the volume and page number were relevant .

Comment

Working...
                                X