I NEED HELP FROM PEOPLE OUT THERE..endersby-george/lane/ezra ISLINGTON

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I NEED HELP FROM PEOPLE OUT THERE..endersby-george/lane/ezra ISLINGTON

Someone out there must be able to help... I start off firstly with my grandma ivy may endersby born 23rd of nov 1930 islington.
    On birth certificate mothers name lane.
    Her father albert edward endersby born 1902 southill bedfordshire.
    Lived in pooles park/finsbury park.he died 1959.
    Ivy would of been 9 when world war 11 began...she has lived in northampton possibly evacuated here..
    In 1949 she married william george born aug 1924 holloway... He died when my mum linda george) was 4.(1958 april 14th also my mums birthday)
    we know his dad was sidney george but this is pretty much it. His mothers maiden name was possibly flannigan
    going bck to albert e endersby he married lilian louisa lane dec 1930 after my grandma was born. Her father was possibly timothy lane... Someone must know info about my desendents.. I believe my grandmas grandma to be fanny isabella howett born 1863 i believe she married daniel cannon lived with henry endersby and then remarried robert ezra.. Father thomas howett and mother fanny isabella smith.... Anything that anyone can help with would be great. Also have links to fairbanks.x

Lilian L Lane married Albert E Endersby !930 Sept Qtr Islington 1b 899.

There are two Lilian Louisa Lane, born Hackney 1902 1b 400, and Lilian Louisa Lane born 1910 Marylebone 1a 493.

Edna

Comment

Forgot to welcome you to the Forum, and that we are not allowed to give details of living people so hope all those named are Ancestors.

Edna

Comment

william George, MMN Flanagan born Sept Qtr 1924 Islington 1b 350
        Sidney George married Kate Flanagan March Qtr 1907 Islington 1b 349

I dont have Ancestry so I am using the free sites

Edna

Comment

Thomas Howett married Fanny Isabella Smith June Qtr 1860 Islington 1b 369
          Fanny Isabella Howett Dec Qtr 1863 Islington 1b 292

Edna

Comment

thanks for all your help...most of the information you have provided is correct as far as i am aware and the lot of the censuses you used i have seen before...still a little confused tho.. i have henry endersby and fanny isabella endersby as being albert edward endersbys mother and father although can find no marriage for them fanny was born 1863 islington FANNY ISABELLA HOWETT MARRIED DANIEL CANNON AND SO FAR SEEMS SHE TOOK HENRYS MARRIED NAME.on the 1911 census bedfordshire he says he was married for 10 years and they appear on that census together. SHE THEN MARRIED ROBERT EZRA 1916,,SHE DIED 1949 FANNY ISABELLA EZRA...THERE IS 2 ALBERT EDWARD ENDERSBYS BORN 1902 THE OTHER HAVING FREDERICK AND JANE AS THE PARENTS.how can i ever be sure which is my great grandad.. look forward to hearing from you i am driving myself mad trying to work it all out lol.x

Comment

Originally posted by jammin208 View Post
              thanks for all your help...most of the information you have provided is correct as far as i am aware and the lot of the censuses you used i have seen before...still a little confused tho.. i have henry endersby and fanny isabella endersby as being albert edward endersbys mother and father although can find no marriage for them fanny was born 1863 islington FANNY ISABELLA HOWETT MARRIED DANIEL CANNON AND SO FAR SEEMS SHE TOOK HENRYS MARRIED NAME.on the 1911 census bedfordshire he says he was married for 10 years and they appear on that census together. SHE THEN MARRIED ROBERT EZRA 1916,,SHE DIED 1949 FANNY ISABELLA EZRA...THERE IS 2 ALBERT EDWARD ENDERSBYS BORN 1902 THE OTHER HAVING FREDERICK AND JANE AS THE PARENTS.how can i ever be sure which is my great grandad.. look forward to hearing from you i am driving myself mad trying to work it all out lol.x
              Have you got the birth certificate for Edward Endersby as that will show mother's maiden name.

Margaret

Comment

Originally posted by Macbev
                The 1911 census

49 Edward Road, Bedford:

Frederick Charles Endersby; head;33;married 12 yrs;4 chn born, 3 still living, 1 died; Corporation Labourer/Bedford corporation;born Shefford Beds
                Jane Endersby;wife;34;b. Colmworth Beds
                Leonard Charles Endersby;son;11;b. Bedford
                Albert Edward Endersby;son;9;b. Bedford
                Reginald Howard Endersby;son;4; b. Bedford
                Walter Colgrave;Lodger;36;single;bricklayer;b. Colmworth Beds

Source Citation: Class: RG14; Piece: 8870; Schedule Number: 93.

Looks like this Albert Edward Endersby died in 1928 see this probate http://search.ancestry.co.uk/iexec?h...c=&pid=2463088

Margaret

Comment

thats good then as my albert died 1959 ;-) thanks for that.x

Comment

Sorry....I only saw one Albert Edward Endersby b. 1902 in Bedfordshire and went haring down the wrong track. The death reg for Ivy's father is 1959, as you stated at the outset.

I have now found probate for Albert Edward Endersby of 11 Victoria-road Bedford , who died 23 Oct 1928 ....and probate is granted to Jane Endersby (wife of Frederick Charles Endersby). So I guess that rules him out as your ancestor.

oops...beat me to it Margaret :D I will remove those census posts before they confuse the issue any further.
                    Last edited by Macbev; 01-04-13, 10:02.

Beverley

Comment

Here's the marriage record for Fanny Isabella Endersby to Robert Ezra http://search.ancestry.co.uk/iexec?h...c=&pid=7023188

She is aged 50 and says she's a widow and that her father is Thomas Howett.

Margaret

Comment

Here's the 1911 for Henry Endersby and Fanny Isabella http://search.ancestry.co.uk/iexec?h...c=&pid=1956068 it includes her two sons by Daniel Cannon. They are living in Islington not Bedford.

It says she has been married 10 years.

Albert Edward is shown as born in Holloway!!

Margaret
                        Last edited by margaretmarch; 01-04-13, 10:01.

Comment

This is likely his birth registration

Albert Edward Endersby
                          Date of Registration: Apr-May-Jun 1902
                          Registration district: Islington
                          Inferred County: London
                          Volume: 1b
                          Page: 191

Comment

Just for completeness here is Fanny's baptism http://search.ancestry.co.uk/iexec?h...c=&pid=3124602

Margaret

Comment

Here's the marriage record for Fanny to Daniel Cannon in Islington http://search.ancestry.co.uk/iexec?h...c=&pid=6299296

Margaret

Comment

Here's Daniel cannon's death in 1910!

Daniel Cannon
                                Estimated Birth Year: abt 1863
                                Date of Registration: Jan-Feb-Mar 1910
                                Age at Death: 47
                                Registration district: Edmonton
                                Inferred County: Middlesex
                                Volume: 3a
                                Page: 303

So Fanny was not free to marry Henry and was separated from Daniel from around 1901.

Margaret
                                Last edited by margaretmarch; 01-04-13, 10:14.

Comment

Here's George and Daniel Cannon living with their grandmother in 1901 http://search.ancestry.co.uk/iexec?h...c=&pid=2295585

Haven't found Daniel Cannon snr or Fanny yet in 1901.
                                  Margaret

Comment

Here's Fanny with Henry in 1901. http://search.ancestry.co.uk/iexec?h...c=&pid=2304178

Margaret
                                    Last edited by margaretmarch; 01-04-13, 10:20.

Comment

Here's Henry Endersby's death

Henry Endersby
                                      Estimated Birth Year: abt 1867
                                      Date of Registration: Jan-Feb-Mar 1913
                                      Age at Death: 46
                                      Registration district: Islington
                                      Inferred County: London
                                      Volume: 1b
                                      Page: 244

So not long after Daniel died and for Fanny to marry officially.

Margaret

Comment

Here's a tree on ancestry that you might like to look at and make contact with the owner http://trees.ancestry.co.uk/tree/488...on/20183448748

The only thing wrong on this tree is that they have attached an outgoing passenger listing for Fanny Cannon to USA but it is not correct - the family is a different one but same name!

Margaret

Comment

Working...
                                        X