Siblings of a John Lloyd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Siblings of a John Lloyd

A John Lloyd is born to parents Thomas & Sarah on 26th Nov 1706 in Middlesex.

Could someone please check and see if Thomas & Sarah had any other children, preferably by the names Sarah and Ann?

John Lloyd (printseller) of St Martin the Field, County of Middlesex, made out his Will and was granted Probate on 19 August 1713 (the Will, in 18 June 1733)

His wife was Martha Lloyd, his daughter Dorothy Lloyd, son Humphrey Lloyd and grand daughter Elizabeth Downton.

Is there any way of finding out his marriage etc. and more about his family and siblings?

I do know that Sarah Lloyd married James Crespel 17 Jan 1768 in St Botolph Bishopsgate London (no birth or death tho), and Ann married Abraham Gorringe 19 Nov 1754 in St Geo Chapel, Mayfair (she died 1778 St Matrin the the Fields. Westminster (but I don't have her birth or parents)

Just thinking if John died in 1713, he was a lot older than the two girls.

I have not confirmed Johns marriage or his parents as yet.

I guess I need to find Lloyd parents to a John, Sarah & Ann
    Last edited by jood; 30-03-13, 00:23.
    jood sadly died in November 2019.

https://www.familysearch.org/search/...enname%3Asarah~

Familsearch.org shows a number of children born to Thomas Lloyd and Sarah, but whether they are all the same family I cannot tell.

Sources used are england, Births and christenings, 1538-1975, England and Wales, Non-conformist Record Indexes,England,Middlesex,Westminster, Parish Registers, 1538-1912, among others

Beverley

Comment

John Lloyd, b.1706 cannot be the same John who died 1713 - he would not be old enough to have a wife Martha or a daughter Dorothy. Family.search throws up several other possibilities.

https://www.familysearch.org/search/...enname%3Asarah~

Beverley

Comment

Thanks Macbev. It has helped me somewhat in that John, Ann & Sarah were all children of Thomas & Sarah, tho I don't know Sarah snr's former name.

Comment

Originally posted by jood View Post
          A John Lloyd is born to parents Thomas & Sarah on 26th Nov 1706 in Middlesex.

Could someone please check and see if Thomas & Sarah had any other children, preferably by the names Sarah and Ann?

John Lloyd (printseller) of St Martin the Field, County of Middlesex, made out his Will and was granted Probate on 19 August 1713 (the Will, in 18 June 1733)

His wife was Martha Lloyd, his daughter Dorothy Lloyd, son Humphrey Lloyd and grand daughter Elizabeth Downton.

Is there any way of finding out his marriage etc. and more about his family and siblings?

I do know that Sarah Lloyd married James Crespel 17 Jan 1768 in St Botolph Bishopsgate London (no birth or death tho), and Ann married Abraham Gorringe 19 Nov 1754 in St Geo Chapel, Mayfair (she died 1778 St Matrin the the Fields. Westminster (but I don't have her birth or parents)

Just thinking if John died in 1713, he was a lot older than the two girls.

I have not confirmed Johns marriage or his parents as yet.

I guess I need to find Lloyd parents to a John, Sarah & Ann
          Have you got the dates of will and probate right as it seems probate was granted 1713 before the will was made 1733 ??? Probate is the execution of the will after someone has died and happens sometime afterwards usually fairly quickly but sometimes years later.

Margaret

Comment

My apologies Margaret

Will of John Lloyd, 18 June 1713, London Metropolitan Archives AM/PW/1913/74

Source Category: Wills
            Source Name: Will of John Lloyd, 18 June 1713, London Metropolitan Archives AM/PW/1913/74
            Date(s): 18 June 1713
            Repository: London Metropolitan Archives
            Surrogate:
            People: Lloyd, John (active 1699, probate 1713)
            Places:
            Sales:
            Text Note:
            I John Lloyd of the Parish of St Martins in the feilds (sic) in the County of Middx Printseller being in health of body, and of sound & perfect mind & memory ... [after payment of debts etc] I give & bequeath unto my Dear and loveing wife Martha Lloyd the sum of two hundred pounds of lawfull money of England Item I give and bequeath unto my Loveing Daughter Dorothy Lloyd the sum of one hundred pounds of like lawfull money to be payd unto her within one year next & after my desease, Item I give and bequeath unto my Loveing son Humphrey Lloyd the like sum of one hundred pounds of lawfull money of England to be payd unto him at or upon his attaining to the age of one & twenty years... I give and bequeath unto my Grand daughter Elizabeth Downton the sum of ten pounds to be payd unto her within one year after my decease. ... [the residue] I give and bequeath unto my said Dear & Loveing wife and my said two Children Humphrey and Dorothy Lloyd to be Equally Divided between them. ...
            [Witnessed by Sam Harris; Jos. Harris. Nicolas Cox. Granted probate 19 August 1713]

Comment

But you still have John Lloyd born to parents Thomas & Sarah on 26th Nov 1706 in Middlesex.

and probate to his will being granted in 1713

John born 1806 would only have been 7 years old in 1713 ............. and certainly not old enough to have a wife and daughter

In addition, the will says (active 1799) ........ that's 7 years before you say he was born

Last edited by Sylvia C; 30-03-13, 22:53.
              My grandmother, on the beach, South Bay, Scarborough, undated photo (poss. 1929 or 1930)

Researching Cadd, Schofield, Cottrell in Lancashire, Buckinghamshire; Taylor, Park in Westmorland; Hayhurst in Yorkshire, Westmorland, Lancashire; Hughes, Roberts in Wales.

Comment

I did say the birth was unconfirmed, so is therefore obviously not valid.
                Scrub that.

I really wanted to know if a John Lloyd, Ann Lloyd & Sarah Lloyd were siblings and had the same parents.

Ann died 1778 in St Martin in the Fields (married 1753)
                Sarah married 1768 in St Botolph, Bishopsgate - that's all I know
                John died after 1713 (of St Martin in the Fields)

I am guessing John was much older than the girls so may not be related after all.

Sorry for the incorrect assumption.
                Last edited by jood; 30-03-13, 23:18.

Comment

Working...
                X