X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FMP additions

650,000 new pages added to British Newspaper Collection

Linda

Thanks for the update - it is a great resource when you find someone.
    I found a letter my g grandfather wrote from the Boer War to his sister.
    herky
    Researching - Trimmer (Farringdon), Noble & Taylor (Ross and Cromarty), Norris (Glasgow), McGilvray (Glasgow and Australia), Leck & Efford (Glasgow), Ferrett (Hampshire), Jenkins & Williams (Aberystwyth), Morton (Motherwell and Tipton), Barrowman (Glasgow), Lilley (Bromsgrove and Glasgow), Cresswell (England and Lanarkshire). Simpson, Morrow and Norris in Ireland. Thomas Price b c 1844 Scotland.

Comment

Hi Herky,

Amazing what you can find, did your g grandfather survive?

Linda

Comment

Yes - he lived until the 1930's and also served in WW1.
        The letter was written in 1900 and he was married with the first two of his six children.
        Things like that mean more than a list of births, marriages and deaths, don't they?
        herky
        Researching - Trimmer (Farringdon), Noble & Taylor (Ross and Cromarty), Norris (Glasgow), McGilvray (Glasgow and Australia), Leck & Efford (Glasgow), Ferrett (Hampshire), Jenkins & Williams (Aberystwyth), Morton (Motherwell and Tipton), Barrowman (Glasgow), Lilley (Bromsgrove and Glasgow), Cresswell (England and Lanarkshire). Simpson, Morrow and Norris in Ireland. Thomas Price b c 1844 Scotland.

Comment

Absolutely. Cousins have just cleared out a 92 year old Aunties flat, who has recently died, and have found loads of treasures (paper ones) they are all coming up to me on Thursday and bringing letters, cards, photos etc. They keep saying 'You wait till you see what we've got' I can't wait

Linda

Comment

Originally posted by Loopy Linda in La La Land View Post
            Absolutely. Cousins have just cleared out a 92 year old Aunties flat, who has recently died, and have found loads of treasures (paper ones) they are all coming up to me on Thursday and bringing letters, cards, photos etc. They keep saying 'You wait till you see what we've got' I can't wait

Linda
            How exciting - you will be on cloud nine and I am sure will read and reread everything getting to know about your aunt and her past.
            I would be interested to hear how you get on. Great news (well sad that your aunt has died but you know what I mean).
            herky

Comment

FMP is really playing up for me probably too many people on it .

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
                FMP is really playing up for me probably too many people on it .
                Yes it is slow tonight and timing out.
                herky

Comment

That's annoying Val..hopefully it will be better tomorrow.

Know exactly what you mean Herky lol. One little tit bit that they've told me is a letter from Sussex Police thanking her brother (O.H's Grandfather) for helping them to apprehend ' a villian' on Brighton Race Course. Love it lol

Linda

Comment

Working...
                  X