Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Family Tree Maker 12

Hi all,

I am just getting down to the nitty gritty of sorting out my family tree and computerizing all the documents I have collected. I am doing this in preparation to handing it all over to my family, and by that I include Nephews/Nieces. What I want to do is give them a Disc and they, if they wish to pursue it, purchase the program to run it.

My questions revolve around the best version of Family Tree Maker to base it on and therefore the one to recommend to them to buy. I am running FTM 8, version 17.0.0965. I see adverts for FTM12 and how you should upgrade from version 16! And I am puzzled by the program number and the version number. What is the latest version and any advice on what I should base my family tree on for the future? My head says base it on the latest one i.e. upgraded if necessary, but which one is the latest one, my version 17 of FTM12? For a very old head it is all very confusing .

Thanks for any help given.
    Last edited by Perkymite; 24-03-13, 11:16.

Hi Perkymite,

I use FTM 2012 my understanding this is the latest version as i asked customers service.

Mine is Version: 21.0.0.723

dose this Review help at all?

Read our review of Family Tree Maker (by Ancestry.com), including features lists, pricing info and user reviews, and see how it compares to the other 10 Genealogy Software we've reviewed.

Comment

Thanks Rainey, you have been a great help. I have now purchased 2012 Platinium from amazon for £30. I will transfer all my data and hopefully that will go well!

thanks again
      Perkymite

Comment

No Worries Mate

Comment

Working...
        X