John Phillips the 3rd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John Phillips the 3rd

Hi guys, I have a 1911 census for Thomas Phillips & his wife Elizabeth Hannah Rickaby and it says that they have their Nephew John Phillips living with them but I can't find his parents.

John Phillips
    Estimated birth of 1903, Stockton-On-Tees.
    Begin your discovery today by exploring the world's largest online family history resource!

Thomas had 9 siblings, 4 boys & 5 girls.
    William (Died before aged 10)
    Robert- 5 children (Doris, John Robert- I have him in a 1911 census, Violet Alice, Lily & Alfred)
    George (I have all of George's children)
    Harry (Died before aged 10)

So who is he? Is he a child from the mother's side that they've adopted and still named as Nephew?

Cheers guys..
    Lennon. Phillips. Thomas. Peacock. Tubridy. Burton.

I am the girl from that town & I'm darn proud of it.

Did George's wife die between 1903 and 1911 by any chance? I wondered if Geoge and his wife had a son John and then the wife died either at the same time or shortly after. Men didn't bring up babies or young children in those days as they were assumed to need a mother figure.
    Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

George & Emily married in 1903 and Emily died in 1936 before George died in 1955. 10 children
      Robert married Eliza Jane Pygall in 1907 and he died in 1950 and Eliza in 1970. 5 children
      Thomas & Elizabeth married in 1898. Found no children yet.

Comment

Isn't May Phillips born June 1923 mmn Rickerby - Preston 8e 892 - one of theirs then? Sorry - scrap that - probably one of Walter L Phillips and his wife Jane A Rickerby.
        Last edited by Chrissie Smiff; 22-03-13, 19:28.

Comment

It might be but as I said, I haven't got round to finding their children yet. I wasnted to focus on what I did know first. Looking back at the 1911 census John is crossed out as adopted and put in a Nephew.

Comment

It looks as though you would need his birth cert to find out who his parents were. Unless of course there are any on line records for Durham (Stockton).

Comment

There's Stockton Roots & Tees Valley Indexes but they don't give the mother's name although there's a box for it to be put in.

Comment

So I found a grave today whilst I was searching for the War Graves and guess what? It had the name of Thomas on it and at the very bottom was the text "John Phillips, ever remembered"

Comment

Working...
                X