Fresh set of eyes please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fresh set of eyes please

Can you look at father of Elizabeth Martha Woodhouse please & tell me what you think it says ?

Thanks

Paul

Well they have THomas don't they but it doesn't look like the Thomas above. I wonder if it's a poor attempt at James? I notice that he does a very flourishing capital J elsewhere.
    Last edited by Chrissie Smiff; 20-03-13, 10:30.
    Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

James Woodhouse
      Co-ordinator for PoW project Southern Region 08
      Researching:- Wieland, Habbes, Saettele, Bowinkelmann, Freckenhauser, Dilger in Germany
      Kincaid, Warner, Hitchman, Collie, Curtis, Pocock, Stanley, Nixey, McDonald in London, Berks, Bucks, Oxon and West Midlands
      Drake, Beals, Pritchard in Kent
      Devine in Ireland

Comment

Thanks Chrissie,
        Yes,I agree.I have had this record for ages & thought it said Thomas,however looking at t today it does look more like James.This has thrown a massive spanner in the works regarding Elizabeth's as I have been working on Thomas as the father.However having had a re-look at censuses I think I have managed to get back on track with Elizabeth,just thankful that I didnt get too far back with Thomas Woodhouse.
        Just goes to show not to take things at face value & to check,check & check again !!

Comment

I was going to say Thomas, but if you look at the J of James Meek on the preceeding marriage, the tail of the J doesn't go below the line so it could be James too. Could be either; sorry, not much help.

Comment

Definitely James .... a good example of why checking the original document is so important and not automatically accepting what a transcript says.
            Retired professional researcher, and ex- deputy registrar, now based in Worcestershire. Happy to give any help or advice I can ( especially on matters of civil registration) - contact via PM or my website www.chalfontresearch.co.uk
            Follow me on Twittter @ChalfontR

Comment

Originally posted by AntonyM View Post
              Definitely James .... a good example of why checking the original document is so important and not automatically accepting what a transcript says.
              Totally agree,although I did origanally read it as "Thomas".
              Anyway lesson learnt the hard way.
              Thanks for all your replies & input.
              Paul

Comment

Working...
              X