Transfer of gedcom to tribal pages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transfer of gedcom to tribal pages

Good Evening . I am seeking help/advice regarding a problem when I transfer a gedcom from my family tree programme( generations) to Tribal Pages. I manage around 20 Trees for family and friends, and find it easier to load my tree programme and then upload gedcoms to Tribal Pages. The problem I have is with text data such as detailed descriptions of a persons life , which appears in a scrambled sort of way in Tribal Pages. i.e words running together and no real order to events such as Census details , as they appear in my own programme. Has anyone else experienced this type of problem and if so how have you overcome it? Does it depend on which type of family tree programme being used for example? thanks and regards Geoff Kaye( New User)

have you looked on Tribalpages forum ? you might find your answer there or you could ask them.I transfer stuff to it and never have that problem, I use FTM.

Comment

thanks Val. I am beginning to believe that I need to move away from my old Generations programme to Family Tree Maker. Therefore just to confirm you are saying any text information you type into FTM appears exactly the same in Tribal Pages?

Comment

Working...
      X