Can you knock down my brick wall?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you knock down my brick wall?

I have been looking for Nellie Alice Morton for some time now and Elaine(in Spain) has helped me a lot, but I have hit a brick wall. Can another pair of eyes find her please.

Here are the details i have so far:

Nellie Alice Morton had Irene Morton June 1910, baptised 19/7/1910 registration Sept Q Barnstaple 5b 370 in Oct 1910 Albert E Burfield was made to pay child support. His tree is no problem .
    On the 1911 census Nellie was a servant aged 22 ,born London, single woman.
    Also I had found Irene as a baby on the 1911 in Barnstaple or Ilfracombe being fostered by a couple with another baby being fostered by them. (Today I am unable to find that record, though I remember it said she was 8 yrs but would have been 8 months.)
    On the 1935 Electoral Roll for Richmond on Thames Nellie Morton is living with Edward Sinfield at 71 Munster Avenue
    They married on the 17th August 1935 Brentford Registry office he 49 widower and she 49 spinster (no father given for her)
    1936 Electoral roll still together at 71 Munster Ave, next door were The Tottinghams who witnessed their wedding.
    Edward John Sinfield died 9/12/1953 in Isleworth hospital address 73 Munster Avenue ( the Tottinghams old home) informant was his son Charles E Sinfield by his first wife, who died)

I have been looking for Nellie as Morton and Sinfield after the last electoral roll she was on. She may hae reverted back to her maiden name if she and Edward split up, or may have married again after he died. Hoping that a death registration would give me a closer d.o.b. in 1911 she was 22 so that would make it 1889 but when she married her birth would have been in 1886.

Can anyone else find her please. My friend is so keen to find out where his grandmother was born. I can see Edward Sinfield on several trees on Ancestry, but none of them include his second wife Nellie.
    This is very involved but I wanted to post as much as I know already.

sunny r
    Last edited by Sunny Rosy; 18-03-13, 16:55. Reason: to clarify

am I reading this wrong ? you say you are looking for a marriage for her ? but isnt that it in 1935?

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
      am I reading this wrong ? you say you are looking for a marriage for her ? but isnt that it in 1935?
      I assume Sunny R is looking into the possibility of a second marriage to explain the lack of a death entry under Sinfield surname.
      Judith passed away in October 2018

Comment

I just knew I would confuse things. sorry Vallee. I want to find her birthplace, I thought if she had married again her name would not be Morton or Sinfield and i would look for a death accordingly. She is giving me the run around!!!

sunny r

Comment

I've just amended my first post to clarify.

sunny r

Comment

thats okay I thought maybe I had misread it ?

Comment

did she have a middle name ? dont suppose you know ? there is a Eleanor (which is sometimes Nellie) A Sinfield marrying in Mar 1958 5C 2369 to a Roy A Hartman in Islington

Comment

wonder about this Death Ellen Sinfield in Brent Mar 1975 11 0890 born 30 April 1881???

Comment

On Irene's birth cert she was Nellie Alice. I'll take a look at that. My friend remembered the Sinfield name, but when she had visited his Mum ,Edward was never around.

sunny r

Comment

just had a look at the deaths think that eleanor was born in 1939

Comment

Yes I found that she was Eleanor Agnes. the spouse was born in 1936 and remarried after Eleanor died.

sunny r

Comment

Vallee can you look for Irene Morton born 1910 on the 1911 census, i'm sure she was mistranscribed as 8 years but would have been 8 months. I would like to go back and see what the names were of her foster carers

sunny r

Comment

was she in Barnstaple?

Comment

Barnstaple or Ilfracombe I believe it 's so long ago that I found it. The strange thing is that Irene was not adopted , but was brought up by a couple in Exeter and married and settle here.

sunny r
                            Last edited by Sunny Rosy; 18-03-13, 17:30.

Comment

she is at 2 Clarence Cottages Ilfracombe head of house John Barron born abt 1850 Ilfracombe and wife Emma born abt 1856 Berrynarbour ?? Devon

Comment

PS I'll come back a bit later I have to prepare dinner now, or there may be a divorce!!!.

sunny r

Comment

THanks so much,Why on earth could I not find it??

sunny r

Comment

she is mistranscribed as born 1903, my husband got fed up waiting so hes cooking lol

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
                                      she is mistranscribed as born 1903, my husband got fed up waiting so hes cooking lol
                                      just mentioned this to OH and he said I'm not getting dragged into that,cooking he means.

Comment

hi again have you found this electoral roll in 1950 Islington Edward Sinfield and Eleanor Sinfield 74 Fairbridge Road ?? wondered if its them

Comment

Working...
                                        X