Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Berkshire marriage records (Besselsleigh)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Record Office: Berkshire marriage records (Besselsleigh)

Anyone able to access marriage records? Am trying to find the marriage cert. of James King to Sophia Clay in 1826 Besselsleigh, Berks.

I think she died in 1845 and he re married shortly afterwards to an Elizabeth Oakley or Elizabeth Ritchings in Dec.1846.

Any help appreciated as I have been stuck at James King forever(or it seems like it!)

Lesley
    Last edited by Punchs mum; 16-03-13, 09:46.

Lesley, there won't be a marriage certificate in 1826, just an entry in the parish register.
    If they married by licence there would have been paperwork too.
    Elizabeth
    Research Interests:
    England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
    Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

Comment

It seems they have been transcribed:

You could try contacting Berkshire Family History Society.
      Elizabeth
      Research Interests:
      England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
      Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

Comment

Thanks for that information Elizabeth! I should know that there wasn't a certificate! I just assume that you all know what I meant ie Parish Record!!! I look at enough of them locally!

Will look at that site later when I have more time.

Thanks again Lesley.

Comment

Oh, Lesley, I have just made the connection of who is posting this! Of course, you have your nose in parish registers a lot of the time!

I seem to remember that there are CDs for Berkshire, but don' know the details.
          Elizabeth
          Research Interests:

Comment

But someone on FTF has them - if you just need the info, you might try posting in the Research Advice section - that might be spotted sooner.

Comment

Working...
            X