Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Family Tree Maker Customer Service Experience

Summary:

Customer support for this product is too poor to recommend its purchase. Those risking the purchase of this software would do best by buying it from the manufacturer, using a credit card for the purchase that might be credited in the event of later requesting a refund.

I found poor my strategy of using Family Tree Maker to maintain a printable off-line backup of tree(s) created on-line at Ancestry.com.

Pros:

Family Tree Maker for the Mac 2 is one of the most popular genealogy software packages available.

A six-month cost-free trial of Ancestry.com is offered.

Print options for FTM for the Mac 2 are much better than for (sister) family trees constructed on Ancestry.com.

Cons:

My experience was that the stated claim of complete satisfaction and refund is false. I purchased the software from Office Max, not from Ancestry.com/Nova Development. I returned the software within the 60 day period to Avanquest. My refund request status was listed as approved after a few weeks. Six weeks after receiving my post-paid manuals, disks, and forms, the company claimed they mailed a refund check (they had not processed the credit card purchase). That check was never received. Three subsequents requests for a replacement check have gone unacknowledged and unheeded. Using the company's website and other Internet information, I have been unsuccessful in identifying any individual in customer support or on the refund team who can aid in my request. An online chat with a company representative yielded the following: "Once there is no return check from us, we cannot reissue a replacement check." So much for complete satisfaction.

A second con is that the synchronization and replication of associated data are quite poor between trees constructed online at Ancestry.com and those maintained on the customer's computer.

personally I would not give up try the trading standards people, when you returned it did you keep a receipt ?? if you bought it from Office max why did you return it to Avanquest ? your contract is from the place you bought it .

Comment

Working...
    X