stewart family

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stewart family

I have Alexander Spink ( 1858 Ferryden Apr 30 1900 Ferryden) marying Eliza (or Elizabeth Stewart ) on NOv 30 1883 in Craig Angus but can't find any info on her parents or vital stats like birth or death dates. I've tried Scotlands people and a few other sites with no luck. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Hi
    Scotlands People has the marriage of Alexander Spink age 25yrs b 1858.(Occ Fisherman) to Eliza Stewart age 23yrs.b 1860.
    His parents are David Spink & Margaret Moffat.(Both deceased)
    Her parents are Alexander Stewart & Betsey Coull.
    As you stated they were married 30th November 1883 at Ferryden,Craig,in the County of Forfar.
    Hope this helps.
    Rgds Matt.
    My avatar is my fathers father,name unknown.............................

Comment

Thanks Matt - I tried Scotlands People with no luck, I wonder why you found this when I couldn't?

Comment

Hi Terry -- No problem. With Scotlands people less info is best for a search.
        You knew his marriage year of 1883. I searched 1880 to 1888 with his surname only.
        This gave 9 results for Scotland. Add her surname this reduces to 2 hits.
        Add his forename down to 1,add her's & it remains at 1, Reduce time period to 1883. still 1.
        Add the area Angus,still 1. you have found them.
        Rgds Matt.

PS if you want a copy of the record send me a PM with your Email.
        My avatar is my fathers father,name unknown.............................

Comment

Tx for the ideas. Pls send me a copy if yo will tandigibb@yahoo.ca sorry, don't know what a PM is.

Comment

Terry I would suggest you delete your personal email and pm Matt. A 'PM' is a private message.

Click on Matts name and a page will come up offering you the option to send a PM to him.
            Write your message and then Send. When he replies click/look in Notifications (along the very top of the screen/page) for your reply.

Reason I looked here in the first place was because I've got Stewarts in my Campbell line - but not the ones you've got
            Dorothy G

searching Gillett (Preston/Sheffield). Campbell and Hepburn in Glasgow

There's no such thing as a Free Lunch

Comment

Working...
            X