Geni

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Geni

Is it honeslty that trustworthy? All I had to do to find my Great-Granddad's sister is search her name in Google before finding a profile on Geni in the first link. Is there a way to hide a tree if I put it on there?

Lennon. Phillips. Thomas. Peacock. Tubridy. Burton.

I am the girl from that town & I'm darn proud of it.

Not a site I have used - but if you want to hide a tree why put it on Geni?
    If you want to keep it totally private then it is best to record your findings in a family tree program on your computer. If you prefer an online method then I would recommend Tribal Pages.
    Elaine

Comment

I cant tell you about the site but the tree ownes name when googled brings up lots of hits in family history circles so have a go at doing what I did to see if there are any sililarities to your other names in your tree.

Edna

Comment

When I first found Sarah's name on Ancestry I thought it was such an unusual thing to have her mother's maiden name as part of hers that I googled her name for daftness and got that first link. Ever since I've done it with any name that I find in the tree, sometimes it works or it doesn't.

Elaine- I have a tribal site, I just wanted to know if it was normal or a fluke.

Edna- I shall try your suggestion and see what comes up.

Cheers guys.

Comment

I don't need to use it! All the details of the family members for one line, which I naively "shared" with a fairly closely related contact, have been passed on to a third party (without me being consulted) who has entered it all on the site as his own work. In fairness, he has attempted to fill in a few gaps, such as my mother and her siblings, but he hasn't even got that right; wrong years of birth, wrong order of siblings and not all of them are there, but he does includes two of their girl cousins with the same uncommon surname. As they were all born after mmn was included in the GRO index, and in the same rural reg dist, to me this shows sloppy research and lack of knowledge. But I hate to see MY rellies mangled - I find it disrespectful to those who can no longer speak out for themselves.

Jay

Jay
          Janet in Yorkshire

Genealogists never die - they just swap places in the family tree

Comment

Hugzz Janet..
            I have noticed that she has gotten the 1911 census wrong though.

Comment

Working...
            X