Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could I finally have found him.....I am so excited.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could I finally have found him.....I am so excited.

My great great grandfather John Brown was sent out here to Tasmania as a convict.

While he was on the trip here his wife died shortly after their son John was born......John Brown (junior) was born abt 1847 Milton Under Wynchwood Oxfordshire.....and married Eliza Cook

John Brown (junior) was brought up by his mothers family.....Joseph and Mary Ireland in Oxfordshire.

John Brown (junior) is on the census in Oxfordshire until 1881.........then nothing.

I have been looking for him for 5 years.

Tonight I decided to look under immigration to see if they left England.

And I have found this...........could he have come to Tasmania and been reunited with a father he had never met.................I hope so.

Brilliant new Flashie Having looked at the 1881 census, which I assume is the one below I would say YES. Everything fits including ages, places of birth and his occupation. Well done

Last edited by Chrissie Smiff; 12-03-13, 09:55.
    Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

Yes that is them in 1881

The timing is all right.

The family he grew up with migrated to New Zealand.

Is there anyway I could know for sure.

John Brown (senior) has no head stone....nor death notices .
      Last edited by flashieboy; 12-03-13, 10:05.

Comment

Just today, (On Dick Eastman's newsletter: http://blog.eogn.com/eastmans_online...ed-states.html), I saw that NZ Immigration records are on familysearch.org:

https://familysearch.org/search/reco...ion_id=1609792 .... worth a look???
        Caroline
        Caroline's Family History Pages
        Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

Does a little happy dance.

100% sure it is him.

He died in 1929 and his will is online.

He mentions by name his wife's family back in England to whom he left money.

Comment

Wonderful Flashie So pleased for you
            Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

isnt it wonderful when that happens ? I celebrated for days after finding my Great Grandmothers death at last, so pleased for you.

Comment

That's so pleasing - when you work on a hunch and everything clicks into place! Congratulations!

Christine
                Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

fab news Flashie!! :smilee:
                  Julie
                  They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

great news, when you just try a hunch thats a little bit left field, and you strike gold.....a fantantic feeling that makes you feel somehow a bit more complete
                    Lorraine

Comment

Great result, Flashie, your on a roll now...Well Done !
                      Jacky

Comment

Working...
                      X