X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone have good eyes?

Can anyone figure this job out?

JOB.jpg

I think the last 2 words say house keeper but I'm not to sure.

Cheers guys...
    Lennon. Phillips. Thomas. Peacock. Tubridy. Burton.

I am the girl from that town & I'm darn proud of it.

Originally posted by lennon2011 View Post

[ATTACH=CONFIG]16743[/ATTACH]

Cheers guys...
    Cordwainer and beer(?) house keeper
    Researching:
    HOEY (Fermanagh, other Ulster counties and Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada) BANNIGAN and FOX (Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland and Portland, Maine, USA) REYNOLDS, McSHEA, PATTERSON and GOAN (Corker and Creevy, Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland) DYER (Belfast and Ballymacarrett) SLEVIN and TIMONEY (Fermanagh) BARNETT (Ballagh, Tyrone and Strangford, Down)

Comment

Cordwainer and Beer house keeper

Janet

Comment

Cordwainer and beer house keeper
        Co-ordinator for PoW project Southern Region 08
        Researching:- Wieland, Habbes, Saettele, Bowinkelmann, Freckenhauser, Dilger in Germany
        Kincaid, Warner, Hitchman, Collie, Curtis, Pocock, Stanley, Nixey, McDonald in London, Berks, Bucks, Oxon and West Midlands
        Drake, Beals, Pritchard in Kent
        Devine in Ireland

Comment

Cheers guys. I knew that my guy was a cordwainer from later censuses but not the beer house keeper.

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]16743[/ATTACH]

Cheers guys...
            Cordwainer & Beerhouse Keeper! :smilee:
            Julie
            They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

cheers DS, I'm now trying to trace that up, see if there's any mention of a pub owned by John Phillips in Stainton Village. No luck so far.

Comment

cheers DS, I'm now trying to trace that up, see if there's any mention of a pub owned by John Phillips in Stainton Village. No luck so far.
                Phil has an interesting article here:

Julie
                They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Well well, what would you know, I read that one earlier lol. I wanted to know WHAT beerhouse keeper meant, I'll have a search of the archives.

Comment

Hmm is it me or does the census just say house number 13, great stainton village? i honestly cannot find a street address..

VILLAGE.jpg

Comment

Most of the villages I've researched in were very small and didn't have specific names for all the streets, although some might be named - e.g Back Street, York Road.

I think your example is Schedule no 12.

The schedule numbers are interesting. I've researched the village where I live in each census 1841 - 1911; the schedule numbers do not follow the same "route" around the village settlement and wider parish for each census. Some returns start with the Rectory as number 1 whilst another starts with North Field farm (outside the village settlement) as number 1 or the school house, whilst yet another starts in North Road, but on the edge of the village settlement.
                      So, comparing the residents of schedule 1 in each census won't tell me who lived in the same property at each successive census.
                      However, because I know some information about the village & its former residents (my lot were here before 1841) I can use that to help me work out the census "route" plotted for each decade and also who was in the same property and who had moved to a different location within the village. Knowing the history of the place helps me understand that "Chapel cottages" meant the original Wesleyan chapel converted into 2 residences, and NOT the present-day terrace named "Chapel Row," built after and next to the replacement Wesleyan chapel, but recorded in census as "New Cottages."

Jay
                      Last edited by Janet in Yorkshire; 12-03-13, 13:29.
                      Janet in Yorkshire

Genealogists never die - they just swap places in the family tree

Comment

It's the 1861 census.
                        In 1841 they are in the same village- children are being born between 1840-50.
                        In 1851 they are in the same village- house 15 this time.
                        In 1871 - N/A
                        In 1881- Middlesbrough- 37 Jamieson/Jameson Street.
                        In 1891- Middlesbrough- 2 grandchildren living with him- don't know parents yet.

Comment

JOB.jpg

Hi guys I have a new JOB taken from the baptism of Ellen Elizabeth Phillips. Cheers guys...

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]16747[/ATTACH]

Hi guys I have a new JOB taken from the baptism of Ellen Elizabeth Phillips. Cheers guys...
                            constable
                            Researching:
                            HOEY (Fermanagh, other Ulster counties and Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada) BANNIGAN and FOX (Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland and Portland, Maine, USA) REYNOLDS, McSHEA, PATTERSON and GOAN (Corker and Creevy, Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland) DYER (Belfast and Ballymacarrett) SLEVIN and TIMONEY (Fermanagh) BARNETT (Ballagh, Tyrone and Strangford, Down)

Comment

Really? Cheers. Maybe there is a little truth to the police/murder story yet.

Comment

Working...
                              X