Well I never did but wish I had

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well I never did but wish I had

I am gob smacked have been researching my lot for a few years now and as I was so sure of some did not bother getting death certs, as I have a bit of spare money thought I'd tie up some loose ends so sent for some including one for my 3 X Great Grandfather and its the wrong one .
    So for anybody else dont hesitate get the cert if you can.

Oh no :(
    Hope it hasn't messed up your research too much.

Comment

it's always worrying when people do that val. hope you get the right one!

Comment

I'm just going through his children now making sure they are right, trouble is he must have died before 1841 as his wife is a widow then, so its hard to know which one is right.

Comment

how do you miss that val?

Comment

The Death Cert I got was in the right area ,with the right name but he was only 40 mine would have been at least 53 and the occupation is wrong too.

Still on the bright side found a bigamy case for another one in my tree ,I had been looking for on FMP made very interesting reading ,as we were led to believe the second wife did not know he was married but seems she did as she lodged with the couple for 6 weeks before she ran off with him , tut tut tut.
            Last edited by Guest; 08-03-13, 13:23.

Comment

haha i love your lot val. very interesting.

Comment

you wanna swap families Kyle ?

Comment

I we to expect a death hunt thread next then Val:D I shouldn't laugh, I can imagine how frustrating it must be. Let us know if you want any help.
                  Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

you might be sorry Chrissie , but thanks for the offer, just checking his kids are his if you know what I mean.

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
                      Still on the bright side found a bigamy case for another one in my tree ,I had been looking for on FMP made very interesting reading ,as we were led to believe the second wife did not know he was married but seems she did as she lodged with the couple for 6 weeks before she ran off with him , tut tut tut.
                      Now why doesn't that surprise me
                      Jackie

Comment

Your bigamy story reminds me of my naughty one. Evan Thomas wasn't married to his "wife" Mary Chapman, she was his Servant. I thought that he himself was a bigamist but the other wife turned out to be his mother! It was his Dad I was looking at in the census, that's why I got so confused with the Thomas connection a while back.
                        Lennon. Phillips. Thomas. Peacock. Tubridy. Burton.

I am the girl from that town & I'm darn proud of it.

Comment

what do you mean Jackie ??;)they do try and confuse us dont they Lennon ? I wonder how many other bigamists we have in our trees?

Comment

quite likely a lot your unaware of val!

Comment

yes Kyle it seems to have been quite normal, I have quite a few and their excuses make me laugh.

Comment

I hope your getting somewhere Val because I'm literally about to start hitting my head in frustration for the Phillips side.

Comment

Not really Lennon some of his children say he was a Cordwainer or Shoemaker , more or less the same thing ,and some say he was a Watchcase maker so wondering if I have all the right children now ?

Comment

I had a Corwainer on one of mine and when I searched it was cobbler/shoemaker, his son was a bootmaker. Why couldn't they have bother just put the shoe making trade? So much easier.

The children- not everyone actually knew their father's trades. Unless he was both> Making money on the side etc?

Comment

Sounds like we need a thread starting from what you definitely know doesn't it Val
                                      p.s. I'm crossing my fingers tightly that he isn't a Smith :D
                                      p.p.s. With daughters Ann and Mary and sons William and John
                                      Last edited by Chrissie Smiff; 09-03-13, 12:21.
                                      Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

not as bad as Smith (so common) ;)its Keen and only one John thanks Chrissie I will sort out what I do and dont know .

I suppose when you think a watchcase would have been made out of leather too mmmmmm
                                        Last edited by Guest; 09-03-13, 12:44.

Comment

Working...
                                        X