Ruby Smith obituary help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ruby Smith obituary help

Hi I wonder if anyone can help? I have had a good look on ancestry and FMP but wondered if there are any other sites that I could check or could anyone help and see if there was anything mentioned in a newspaper regarding her death.

Her full name was Ruby Smith and she was the sister of my grandad. She was only 18 when she died on 1st December 1939. She lived at 74 Mayville Road, Ilford. The cause of death on the certificate was endometriosis and chronic rheumatism but the story from my dad was that she was badly injured after being run over and I wondered if this was true and if so whether anything was reported.

Can anyone help?

Many thanks

Steven

Hi

If her death was the result of injuries sustained in an accident - there would have been an inquest and the death cert would have been issued by the Coroner. This would have been clearly stated on the cert

Also - the cause of death would have been completely different to that shown on the death cert

Comment

Latest news coverage, email, free stock quotes, live scores and video are just the beginning. Discover more every day at Yahoo!

This is interesting Steve looks like if its true that Endometriosis can kill ?

Comment

Hi Carole my dad seems to think she was hurt in an accident but then maybe died some time later of other illnesses. Val very interesting thanks for the link.

I was hoping that as she died young and by all accounts was very popular that maybe something might have been put in the paper

Thanks

Steven

Comment

I have a person in my tree who got killed by a train in Dec 1939 and there was only a small snippet of it in The Times, and the inquest got destroyed due to lack of paper for the war, as the war had started I dont think so many things got into the papers unless it was quite unusual.

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
            http://voices.yahoo.com/endometriosi...ie-574363.html
            This is interesting Steve looks like if its true that Endometriosis can kill ?
            I'm amazed they were diagnosing endometriosis so long ago as it's only been in the last 20 years that knowledge of it has been widespread. I don't think it normally kills of itself as it's usually a reproductive condition/malfunction but I suppose if there are rarer forms that are more like cancer then death may very well be the outcome.

The death cert does not indicate an accident so I wonder if there has been some confusion in memory as to whom this happened to.
            Margaret

Comment

it seems Margaret that a clot can go to the lungs or heart I was surprised too, as I suffered with that, glad I didnt know it could kill.:(

Comment

Thanks Val I guess in 1939 there would have been far more important stuff to report than an accident. You are probably right Margaret about time and people's memories. Having said that all my dad's stories have been true so far including the vat of beer story!!!!

Will have to pick his brain again

Thanks

Steven

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
                  it seems Margaret that a clot can go to the lungs or heart I was surprised too, as I suffered with that, glad I didnt know it could kill.:(
                  embolism. scary stuff. or even the brain val.

Comment

hi Kyle what I should have said was that Endometriosis can send clots to the Lungs and Heart, I have 2 Blood clots at the moment one behind a knee and one in my Lung, makes me wonder if people with Endometriosis are more prone to it???

Comment

possibly val. but blood clots are only dangerous if they become dislodged, and they would block some vessel, causing a stroke or embolism. usual medication for clots are blood thinners or anti coagulants.

Comment

Hi Steven, I'm visiting mum and dad tomorrow - I'll ask them about this.

Amanda

Comment

Well, not much more clarity from my folks, I'm afraid Steven!

Dad doesn't remember what Ruby died of and mum thought it was TB!! - maybe endometriosis was thought a bit 'personal' to talk about? Sorry not much help there.

AManda

Comment

Working...
                          X