If you have a tree on ancestry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you have a tree on ancestry

Please please please scroll to the bottom of the person's page and click on 'websearch'. I have known its been there for ages and used it a few times but yesterday i did it again and found information relating to 2 of my grand aunts - one in South Africa and another in Canada. The information came from headstones and obituaries put up on line in the past few years for the aunts' deceased children.
    Angelina

Thanks for that i had not noticed that before.

Comment

I hadn't noticed this either..will definitely use it in the future :-) Thanks!
      Lauren =)

Comment

Another good thing might be to just to a general Google search. I was looking for a mysterious cousin of my Nanna's with very limited information before I searched Google and got a death notification with maiden names, birth, death and married name.
        Lennon. Phillips. Thomas. Peacock. Tubridy. Burton.

I am the girl from that town & I'm darn proud of it.

Comment

Great tip angelina! I do search the web, but this is quicker & more effective. Thanks for sharing!

Comment

I have never ever had 5 gold stars in my life so thank you so much to who ever gave me them for this thread. I am a very happy bunny Thanks again
            Angelina

Comment

It's amazing what a Google search on a less-common family name can throw up. It clearly demonstrates how much about us living people is out there, even without telling everyone on Facebook. Examples for my family, only a couple of pages down in a Google search: Minutes of county golf meetings my wife attended; my brother's renewal of the licence for his motor-coach; some Usenet postings of mine from 15 years ago; daughter's comments on a holiday cottage she rented.
              Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

Thanks for the tip Angelina.

Vera

Comment

Working...
                X