Ancestry internal errors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ancestry internal errors

I am getting loads of pages saying this is ,anybody else having the same problem? thanks

I got it earlier when I tried to go onto the Surname message boards.
    Lennon. Phillips. Thomas. Peacock. Tubridy. Burton.

I am the girl from that town & I'm darn proud of it.

Comment

did you ? wonder if they are adding new stuff mine has been bad on and off all day.

Comment

Val,

I was getting it too, which browser do you use? I messaged Ancestry on FB and they gave me a solution which has worked.
        Julie
        They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

this is what you need to do...

scroll down until you see which OS you are using + Browser, [I am using Chrome] and fingers crossed....... [this has worked for me.]
          Julie

Comment

There have been lots of complaints on their FB page today. Was certainly playing up for me earlier on.
            Elaine

Comment

I was using Chrome Julie , then I tried IE and its the same will look at your link thanks, thanks Elaine , am having probs on FMP too its taking ages to go to a record, think too many people are looking at the new criminal records.

Comment

just done that on google and IE now I have to put my passwords back in ,thats why I dont usually delete cookies ugh ugh ugh

Comment

Plus it took forever to download a new GEDCOM, think I'll head on over to the criminal records..

Comment

am having to put all my passwords in again and cannot find some so having to change them.

Comment

I know its a P. I. T. A, but, at least now, I can view records, which is a damned site more than I could earlier!... lol
                      Julie

Comment

I have almost decided to have the same password for all sites would be easier.

Comment

I do that anyway Val, I've had it since I was in secondary school, it's a mix of numbers and letters and it serves me brilliantly with my memory.

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
                            I have almost decided to have the same password for all sites would be easier.
                            For anything except the bank, I have one password if I have to register with my email address and another one if I have a user name. Saves trying to remember lots of them.

The only one that is a pain is Scotlandspeople, I haven't found out how to change the one they gave me.

Di
                            Diane
                            Sydney Australia
                            Avatar: Reuben Edward Page and Lilly Mary Anne Dawson

Comment

here it is Di

Comment

Originally posted by dicole View Post
                                The only one that is a pain is Scotlandspeople, I haven't found out how to change the one they gave me.
                                Log in - click on MY DETAILS - scroll down towards bottom of page just under the heading APPLICATION OPTIONS.
                                You need to enter your current password, then the password you want (twice).
                                Elaine

Comment

Had problems with A last night (Oz time), it eventually resolved itself or I got lucky. :o
                                  Whoever said Seek and Ye shall find was not a genealogist.

David

Comment

re multiple passwords
                                    Create yourself a little notepad document
                                    In this type the name of the organisation, the ID and the password

This way, all you need to do is copy and paste the details if you forget them.

The important thing is NOT to use the same password for sensitive accounts, such as your bank etc.

Researching:
                                    FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Comment

It's only the internet that I use the same password.

Comment

What I meant was one password for social sites, such as facebook
                                        one password for Family tree sites etc

The reason is that social networking sites are all too easily hacked these days and I keep my passwords set for themed areas.
                                        Another trick to remember passwords if a site wants you to make them complex, is use something that has numbers in it that is easily remembered, but hold down the shift button.

460278 (my old phone number)
                                        Becomes
                                        $^)"&*
                                        much more secure

Originally posted by lennon2011 View Post
                                        It's only the internet that I use the same password.
                                        Last edited by TrevorFranklin; 24-02-13, 12:29.

Researching:
                                        FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Comment

Working...
                                        X