William Molyneux 1898 Liverpool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• William Molyneux 1898 Liverpool

A would be uncle if only I could find out more. I have his birth to Jane & Herbert, have him in 1901 Census and also in 1911 where he is living with his Aunty & Uncle namely Harry & Louisa Molyneux in Liverpool. Why he is with them I knoweth not but he seems to drop off the planet after the census. I cant find a marriage, death or military reference for him. Problem isnt helped by the number of William Molyneux options. I'd appreciate any help offered.

what about this death
    William H Molyneaux Sep 1965 10F 634 Warrington Lancashire aged 66

Comment

He wasnt christened 'William H' Val so perhaps not my uncle. I notice the spelling of surname is different........a transcription problem throughout my research.
      Thanks, I appreciate your help.

Comment

I've been having a look, Alan....struggling here...Lol

A chap has William in his tree but he just says he died after 1901
        Jacky

Comment

Hi Jacky,
          It is a difficult one but thanks for trying.

Comment

Hiya Al ...my mother in law is a Moyneux ...from Garston - her dad was from Woolton ... I have done quite a bit on their family tree ...can you give me the year of birth for William Molyneux and what region he was registered please
            allan
            Allan ......... researching oakes/anyon/standish/collins/hartley/barker/collins-cheshire
            oakes/tipping/ellis/jones/schacht/...garston, liverpool
            adams-shropshire/roberts-welshpool
            merrick/lewis/stringham/nicolls-herefordshire
            coxon/williamson/kay/weaver-glossop/stockport/walker-gorton

Comment

OK Al ...lets start with Herbert Molyneux and Jane Fell
              married 20th sept 1898 Liverpool
              groom aged 21
              bride aged 20
              grooms father was William Molyneux
              brides father was Arthur Fell ........................this would make Herbert b 1877 so let`s see if we can find the family in 1881 census
              allan
              Allan ......... researching oakes/anyon/standish/collins/hartley/barker/collins-cheshire

Comment

Herbert and Jane are still having children up to 1916 ......see freebmd Molyneux - Fell
                ...WW1 would see William aged 12 - 18 ...could he have signed up and been a casualty ?
                it was not uncommon for 14 yr olds to sign up ...my own grandfather did at 14 ...but why is William with Uncle Harry in 1911 - unless it was overcrowded in Herberts household ...
                allan

Comment

Originally posted by AlanC View Post
                  He wasnt christened 'William H' Val so perhaps not my uncle. I notice the spelling of surname is different........a transcription problem throughout my research.
                  Thanks, I appreciate your help.
                  if you have his christening - can you post it please ?...also 1901 census
                  cheers
                  allan

Comment

hiya Allan,
                    I havent noticed any of My Tree activity on the Southside and I'm sure you know the Molyneuxs bred like rabbits in SW Lancs.
                    The baptism is from "Liverpool, England, Baptisms, 1813-1906" on Ancestry showing birth as 30 June and baptism 12/3/1899 St James, T/Park.
                    It's a mystery to me why he is staying with his Aunty & Uncle.............maybe just a few days??
                    All the other detail is correct. I had a look at Military but couldnt see anything likely.
                    Thanks for trying.

1901 Census see RG13/3427/9/10............with his family.
                    Last edited by AlanC; 24-02-13, 15:08.

Comment

St James is South Liverpool Toxteth./ The Dingle people are called Southenders....do you know where Herbert was born ?? or Jane Fell ??...
                      just a query ?? you say William was baptised 12th march 1899 - birth was 30th June ( I presume 1898 ) does this mean William was born before Herbert /Jane married on 20th sept 1898 - or -could there be another William Molyneux born /bapt around that time in Liverpool with a father named Herbert ??...I sincerely hope not ...that would really complicate things..lol
                      allan

Comment

I have only just 'seen' what you saw straight away. Jane was born in Wavertree, April 1877 and marrys in Sept 1898. According to the Baptism Register William was born 30 Jun but no year entered and baptised 1899........ so he's born out of wedlock and I didnt pick it up!..........what's the saying, "can't see the wood for the trees."
                        Herbert Molyneux, the drunken wife beater grandfather I never met was born in West Derby also 1877. He disappeared during early 1940's and never seen again.

Comment

Working...
                        X