Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hannah Hales was she a Gough?

Hi Everyone

I have just been going over some of my brick walls and on re-looking at my info I have noticed that my ancestor Charles Sturge, who married Hannah Hale[s] in Bristol 1753, [I've not long discovered her surname] took on an apprentice called George Hale.
    George Hale, son of Charles, coalminer, to Charles Sturge of Frampton Cotterell, FELTMAKER, For 8 years. P/W/OP/15/96 1759 May 15

I have discovered a Charles Hale, sen, alias Goff (Gough) bur West. 2.4.1780 and a Charles Gough bapt 5 Nov 1723 Westerleigh.

Looking at F*****Search I see a family of eight Gough's born to a Joseph Gough of Westerleigh including a Hannah bapt 17 Aug 1729. There is an Isaac Hale Gough bapt 28 Dec 1735 son of Joseph of Westerleigh.

Hannah later married after Charles' death a John Carrington [Carsington] 06/12/1778 at Frampton Cotterell. She was bur 24/08/1794 aged 66 at Frampton Cotterell.

What i am wondering is could Hannah Hales be Hannah Gough and Charles Sturge took on her nephew as an apprentice? Also could the Charles Hale Senior alias Goff be her brother and part of the family of Goughs I found?

Regards Nona
    ;D NONA
    VEAL, PRICE, STURGE, BELLET, DREW, TAYLOR Som/Glos COTTERELL, NAPPER, NASH, FLEETWOOD, HANDLEY, COLLINS, BROWN Ledbury, Bromyard, Herefordshire, Worcs, NASH, TYLER Warks, Kent, CROWE, REYNOLDS Suffolk, CARLSON/CHARLSON Sweden/E Ldn, COX Wilts 'Trego STILES', DORTON Middx, Surrey
    PROBABLE IMPOSSIBILITIES ARE TO BE PREFERRED TO IMPROBABLE POSSIBILITIES - ARISTOTLE

i would say so.

Comment

Working...
    X