MaryKate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MaryKate

E.O has now sent me more photo's of the Tubridy family but he keeps on mentioning an Aunt named MaryKate. How is this possible when I have a Mary in the tree and not MaryKate?

I always thought that Thomas was the oldest child but then we found Mary although she's not on the Census that Thomas is. Is Mary's middle named Kate and people just called her MaryKate or can E.O be getting mixed up and it's one of his Dad's sisters and not his Mums? Plus there's a Mary in Joseph's sister aswell.

Could either of these be her?
    Last edited by lennon2011; 20-02-13, 12:26.
    Lennon. Phillips. Thomas. Peacock. Tubridy. Burton.

I am the girl from that town & I'm darn proud of it.

If I were you (though, obviously, I'm not!!) I'd do a bit of wait-&-see: explanations often surface after a while, quite naturally.

The most likely explanation, I'd guess, is that Kate is the middle name, and has often been attached to the first name. If there's more than one Mary in the family, that would be an easy way to distinguish them (if they have different middle names). Alternatively, the family (or Mary, herself) just like the sound of MaryKate - it does have a nice rhythm to it.

Christine
    Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

There's Mary blank wife of Joseph and mother of MaryK and Thomas.
      Then there's Joseph's sister Mary. Plus there's 2 Lizzie's & Margaret's which is why the Tubridy's are soo bl*** confusing.

Comment

Originally posted by lennon2011 View Post
        There's Mary blank wife of Joseph and mother of MaryK and Thomas.
        Then there's Joseph's sister Mary. Plus there's 2 Lizzie's & Margaret's which is why the Tubridy's are soo bl*** confusing.
        Excellent reason for eliding the two names into one, I'd have said!

Christine
        Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

True. it's a common thing in my tree. 3 Edward Lennons (deceased) 3 Sarah Lennons (1 not deceased :P) etc

Comment

No wonder I couldn't find her! A 1911 census lists her as the child of John- the brother of Joseph. Can you spot something else? A name that isn't already mentioned?

Census for John.jpg
            Attached Files
            Last edited by lennon2011; 22-02-13, 20:40.

Comment

Working...
            X