Criminal records on FMP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Criminal records on FMP

Hope you've still got some of the freebie credits left over!

New records on Findmypast
    Elaine

.. although you might have to be patient. Not sure the site can cope with the traffic at the moment!
    Elaine

Comment

Thank you Elaine. I have just spent about twenty minutes trying to log on, only to be told my password is incorrect!! Got details to get a new password but cannot access that part now!! So...........waits patiently! The annoying thing is I am never logged out but appear to be this time!

Janet

Comment

There was a thread on here yesterday about having to login when you don't normally log out!
        Apparently FMP did some updates yesterday on their site, including some changes in security settings, which meant that members were having to log in and/or were having problems with their passwords.
        Elaine

Comment

I can see the transcriptions but the the actual records yet. Says they are currently unavailable

Linda

Comment

The connection seems a bit erratic at the moment but I've managed to view the images as well - two for my 2x ggfather!
            Elaine

Comment

Originally posted by Elaine ..Spain View Post
              There was a thread on here yesterday about having to login when you don't normally log out!
              Apparently FMP did some updates yesterday on their site, including some changes in security settings, which meant that members were having to log in and/or were having problems with their passwords.
              Thank you Elaine. I did not see yesterday's post!! Pity, as I have just changed password on my other computer, so will now probably have difficulty remembering said password!

janet
              Last edited by Janet; 20-02-13, 11:29.

Comment

Well I got in ok but they haven't got mine and he has got an unusual name:( I've got to look for Elizabeth Smith next, so don't hold your breath
                p.s. No wonder it's busy, it's on the front page of Yahoo news this morning.

p.p.s. They haven't got Elizabeth either:(

p.p.p.s. Crikey, they haven't even got my Dorothea Waddingham, the famous one!!
                Last edited by Chrissie Smiff; 20-02-13, 11:43.
                Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

Now see what you've done Chrissie.
                  Just logged into FMP and it says
                  Oops! Something's gone a bit wrong...
                  Don't worry, we're aware of the problem and our team is working hard to fix it. We're very sorry if this causes you any inconvenience.
                  We're confident we can fix this quickly, but if you need help straight away, please contact our friendly customer support team:
                  Elaine

Comment

That's right - blame me

Comment

I can sign into FMP with no problem, it is the criminal records page that is extremly slow

But with 100's of credits to use up by the end of March, I can put up with that.

MEMBERS ONLY:
                      PM me if you have a lookup need, but please be specific, as it charges 10 credits to look at a basic transcription.

Trev

Researching:
                      FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Comment

Well, I had to sign in to get on FMP and then I got a Red message which said 'Bad Credentials'!!!

I never usually log out and I know I have the correct password.

Like everyone is saying now, site is overloaded and gone berserk I think!

Lesley

Comment

A number of complaints on the FMP Facebook page - password problems / site crashing etc. :(
                          Elaine

Comment

I wanted to use the site last night and had to sign in "from scratch" - now I know WHY!

Jay
                            Janet in Yorkshire

Genealogists never die - they just swap places in the family tree

Comment

Signing in and viewing records with no problem for me.
                              I have already passed two transcripts to members

Researching:
                              FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Comment

Be careful I just found 2 records for one of mine and both are exactly the same so a waste of your credits.

Comment

The site's down for me too.

Are they the same records as on Ancestry (Criminal Registers, 1791-1892 )?

Comment

No they are different Mary. The images I have looked at so far are different to ones I have found before.
                                    Elaine

Comment

Great, thanks.

Comment

Oh, I didn't realise they had some on Ancestry. Would somebody be kind enough to tell me how to find them? I'm hopeless at finding records on there.

Comment

Working...
                                        X