German lookup on Ancestry please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• German lookup on Ancestry please

If anyone has access to German records could they lookup Adam Gross, born in Hesse Gassel, Germany in about 1949. Died in Poplar, London 1907. His father was Daniel Gross according to his marriage to Sarah Jane Brenchley in 1873. Adam is on the 1881, 1891 and 1901 census`s as a baker in London. Thanks

I have Adam being born 1847 in Gerrmany and marrying Sarah Jane Brenchley Whitechapel,London 1873 is this the right one Liz

Comment

yes, it is Liz. sorry, meant about 1849 ! long fingernails

Comment

Yep! long finger nails do it everytime, so on Adam and Sarah's Marriage Rego it says that they that Adam's dad as Daniel Gross a baker and Sarah's dad Daniel Brenchley a waterman.Adam was 25 years and Sarah 20 years old. Adam was a baker. So what is it you want to know, Liz

Comment

I would like to find his father Daniel in Germany and try and trace any family back

Comment

I will go and have a look for you, bitty late here in Australia will get back to you tomorrow with what I find, Liz

Comment

Thanks Liz, I would appreciate that. Lynette

Comment

might be a bit difficult to find anything unless you know which town he came from in hesse cassell. have you looked on familysearch? do you know if he was naturalised?

Comment

Hi Liz,

The town is called Kassel and is situated in the German State of Hessen.

Brian

Comment

Thanks Brian that will make thing a wee bitty better. Liz

Comment

Hi Lyn and Liz,

both Adam and Daniel are there in Hessen, Germany on Family Search.

Brian

Comment

Thanks Brian, I will have a look now

Lynette

Comment

No, can`t find them ?

Comment

I thought it might have been them just want to verify the family,Liz

Comment

Where are they on family search then please Liz ? Can you send me a link, I have put in every combination and still can`t find them, thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X