Naturalisation paperwork

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Naturalisation paperwork

If, in some US documentation, someone describes himself as "a naturalised British citizen 1850-1880" might there be anywhere in the UK that the naturalisation paperwork might be found?

Please.
    Always looking for Goodwins in Berkshire.

It should be at the National Archives. What was his name?
    The National Archives, Kew – Research Service Offered
    Contact me via PM on Family Tree Forum or via my personal website - www.militaryandfamilyresearch.co.uk

Comment

Nicholas Anthonio/Anthoni Labone. He's on the 1861 and 1871 Scotland census, b. abt 1833. His daughter Flora marries in Liverpool in (I think) 1884 (have that). It's Nicholas' naturalisation that interests me.

Comment

Where in Scotland did he live and which country was he from?
        Contact me via PM on Family Tree Forum or via my personal website - www.militaryandfamilyresearch.co.uk

Comment

Did he come from Austria, STG ?
          Jacky

Comment

He's in Glasgow in 1861 and 1871. Info is he "says he was born in France, but a native of Italy".

Comment

Had a quick look in the Catalogue but couldn't see him.

Was he a Professor of Languages? There's an article in the London Gazette and probably more in the Edinburgh Gazette, searchable on the same site

Comment

Not sure if this is any good, had a daughter Flora?...i'm not a member on Ancestry so i can't look any further on this......

Jacky

Comment

Thanks both. Already have the info on Flora and the bankruptcy, was just wondering if there were any papers that might be accessible on his "naturalisation".

Comment

You could have a go at searching the National Archives Catalogue for the naturalisation, using HO as the reference to search

Comment

Thanks annswabey. Will give it a whirl.

Comment

Working...
                      X