Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• scuse me ignorance

but is there a 1911 Scotland census?

I have some details of a marriage and I am attempting to 'go back' a little further with it, though I haven't really done any Scots research [so don't know what is/isn't available]
    Julie
    They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Yes,the 1911 census is available on the Scotland People website

Paul

Comment

Originally posted by PaulD1960 View Post
      Yes,the 1911 census is available on the Scotland People website

Paul
      ahhh, thats just great Paul thank you so much :smilee:
      Julie

Comment

Have you got any credits Julie? I have a few if you would like me to look.
        Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

I do a lot of Scottish research do yu want me to do some look ups for you LIz

Comment

Chrissie, no I don't have any credits :(

thank you for your kind offers Chrissie & Liz. :smilee:

James Cassie Stuart b. 1909 not sure where, [maybe 9, victoria buildings, piershill? edinburgh] but his fathers name was James Cassie Stuart [he was a general labourer] and his mothers name was Jessie. [there might also be a sister mary stuart, as she was a witness to the marriage, same address].

the other name was: Annie Sedgeman b. no age given, but her parents Edwin Sedgeman bricklayer and Annie Sedgeman address 7, blackford road, edinburgh
            Julie

Comment

I couldn't find a James Cassie Stuart of the right age (or even a James Stuart) with a Jessie in the same house. So I have searched for his birth but the nearest I can find between 1900 and 1915 is 2 in 1913. Both born Edinburgh, one St Giles and one Portobello. Are you sure about his age Julie?

Comment

I'm not being much help here, sorry. I can't find an Annie Sedgeman with an Edwin in the house either. Where did you find the information that they should be on 1911 in Scotland?

Comment

Originally posted by Chrissie Smiff View Post
                  I couldn't find a James Cassie Stuart of the right age (or even a James Stuart) with a Jessie in the same house. So I have searched for his birth but the nearest I can find between 1900 and 1915 is 2 in 1913. Both born Edinburgh, one St Giles and one Portobello. Are you sure about his age Julie?
                  I only have the age of 23 on his marriage cert Chris.. [which was in 1933] so would make it 1910.. oops

I have no dob for Annie, I presume she was abt the same age.. [not much help I know!!] though I think I have found James' father James and wife Annie in 1901/1891. in scotland.

not looked for Annie yet..
                  Julie

Comment

I'm not being much help here, sorry. I can't find an Annie Sedgeman with an Edwin in the house either. Where did you find the information that they should be on 1911 in Scotland?
                    she gives her address as 7, blackford rd, edinburgh in 1933, but she might not be IN scotland.. I haven't really had th etime yet to look any further.. am cooking atmo.
                    Julie

Comment

Just checked England in 1911 Julie and I think you will find this is Annie Sedgeman -

Have to go now but will see what else I can find next time I can get on
                      Last edited by Chrissie Smiff; 13-02-13, 16:15.

Comment

Just checked England in 1911 Julie and I think you will find this is Annie Sedgeman -

Have to go now but will see what else I can find next time I can get on

ooh thats freaky!! I know where that place is!! I have been there..
                        Julie

Comment

Julie, there is a tree on Ancestry which shows that James Cassie Stuart was born 17 Sept 1913 and died in Nottingham Jan 1984. The names of the parents shown on the tree match those on the marriage certificate.
                          Elaine

Comment

Originally posted by Elaine ..Spain View Post
                            Julie, there is a tree on Ancestry which shows that James Cassie Stuart was born 17 Sept 1913 and died in Nottingham Jan 1984. The names of the parents shown on the tree match those on the marriage certificate.
                            http://trees.ancestry.co.uk/tree/129...55519109?ssrc=
                            ooh ta, I hadn't got that far as I have been busy with this snow... only really had time to sit this last hour or so.. I'll have a shuftie :smilee:
                            Julie

Comment

oooh seems he went to Canada too in 1929 don't look like he stayed long even though he was to be employed by Manitoba Govt...

Julie

Comment

It looks as though Annie Stuart died in Nottingham too Julie. Two years before James. She died in Jan-March 1982 Nottm Vol 8 Page 0650- aged 71 Born 2nd June . James Cassie Stuart died Jan 1984 aged 70 Nottm Vol 8 Page 1002.

Three likely children born in Nottingham but can't list as could easily be alive. A boy in July-Sept 1937 - Another bot July-Sept 1939 - then a girl in Jan-March 1941. Let me know if you have a problem finding them but the details are as expected i.e. surname and mmn
                                Last edited by Chrissie Smiff; 13-02-13, 20:32.

Comment

will PM you Chris x
                                  Julie

Comment

Working...
                                  X